Speed Zone Camera Goes Permanent - KTVI
First off the Mayor says there was a 80% drop. This is incorrect , the drop was 82.4%. He mentions the following:
Jan 12 there were 194 speeders going 26 MPH in a 20 MPH (No time of day given)
Feb 2 there were only 34 speeders going 26 MPH in a 20 MPH (No time of day given)
Questions I have for the Mayor:
1. At one time of day were each of the figures collected?
2. Where the figures the Highest and Lowest speeds?
3. Why why was 26 MPH referenced in this video? Is this the max they will allow?
4. What was that Maximum speed they recorded?
5. What is the minimum speed recorded?
6. Why wasn't an average speed of the total from installation till todays date given?
*Note I checked the weather for each of the dates mentioned, both had clear rain free, snow free days on and prior to the date.
Other notes about this camera.
Feb 3rd the Media publicizes the camera
Feb 19th the Media Publishes the police are delaying the start of tickets