Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Drunk Off-duty Officer Fires Gun in Squad Car

Not a very good career move on the part of the drunk cop. I imagine if there was not a camera in the cop car the "thin blue line" would have taken care of it.

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1d7_1276878786]LiveLeak.com - [RAW VIDEO] Drunk Off-duty Officer Fires Gun in Squad Car[/ame]
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Drunk Off-duty Officer Fires Gun in Squad Car

Not too smart is she.

Professional

Wait, she was arrested and they let her keep her weapon? Or they didn't search her? Yea, that was dumb.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Sector_15504 View Post
    Wait, she was arrested and they let her keep her weapon? Or they didn't search her? Yea, that was dumb.
    I believe it was an ankle holster with a small off-duty piece, from what I have heard.

She's toast. And I expect other officers involved to get days off too, including supervisors. The one driving sounds like he shat himself!

But better shat than shot!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

Yea he is really lucky he didn't get shot. Always search when you detain. Period. It don't matter who it is.

Banned

I bet she won't get charged as heavily as a civilian would. Anyone else would be in jail for some time after discharging a weapon in a cop car, if not dead.

Yoda of Radar

An off-duty officer in Fort Worth (25 miles down the Turnpike from Dallas) recently got drunk at a party with 9 other off-duty officers, then drove off and killed a woman in his city-owned vehicle. Not only is he awaiting trial for Intox Manslaughter, but 6 of the 9 other officers have been disciplined for letting him leave drunk. I expect that to happen in the Dallas case too, because Dallas is a lot less forgiving than FW is. Trust me. We just lost a 20 year officer from the helicopter unit when he got a DUI a couple of weeks ago. No retirement. No nothing.

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    An off-duty officer in Fort Worth (25 miles down the Turnpike from Dallas) recently got drunk at a party with 9 other off-duty officers, then drove off and killed a woman in his city-owned vehicle. Not only is he awaiting trial for Intox Manslaughter, but 6 of the 9 other officers have been disciplined for letting him leave drunk. I expect that to happen in the Dallas case too, because Dallas is a lot less forgiving than FW is. Trust me. We just lost a 20 year officer from the helicopter unit when he got a DUI a couple of weeks ago. No retirement. No nothing.
    Good for them.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
    I bet she won't get charged as heavily as a civilian would. Anyone else would be in jail for some time after discharging a weapon in a cop car, if not dead.
    She's already been arrested, charged, debadged, disarmed, and suspended. Two others officers are already on desk duty for it. Like I said, this kind of stuff does not get covered up in Dallas.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jstglockem View Post
    Not a very good career move on the part of the drunk cop. I imagine if there was not a camera in the cop car the "thin blue line" would have taken care of it.
    Dang! Guilty before committing the crime let alone being proved guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Hey Stealth do you have a news link about the incident in the video?
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 08-11-2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Fix quote