Good Citizen

Default Colorado lawmaker under fire after fatal car crash - Another hypocrite politician

DENVER (Reuters) – A Colorado lawmaker who advocates stricter seat-belt laws did not have her three-year-old grandson restrained during a fatal crash in Texas, then moved the uninjured toddler into a car seat before police arrived, investigators said on Wednesday Suzanne Williams, a Democrat state senator representing eastern Denver suburbs, was driving a 2010 Honda CRV when she veered into oncoming traffic about 40 miles outside Amarillo, Texas on December 26, and collided with a vehicle carrying 30-year-old Brianna Gomez and her family.
    The impact killed Gomez, who was seven months pregnant. Her child was delivered by Caesarean section and is in critical condition, Texas Trooper Gabriel Medrano told Reuters.

Check out the rest of the story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110106/...crash_lawmaker

These are the kind of hypocritical, holier than thou politicians that I can't stand. How much you wanna bet she supports camera enforcement and other unconstitutional nanny-state tactics too. She was probably texting or doing something other than driving the vehicle. I hope she gets prison time for tampering with an accident scene.

Banned

Default Re: Colorado lawmaker under fire after fatal car crash - Another hypocrite politician

Wow. I wonder why she viered into oncomming traffic. That's sad...

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Colorado lawmaker under fire after fatal car crash - Another hypocrite politician

Sounds about right... Why couldn't she have been the one to die? The only person in the entire accident who deserved to die... and she is fine.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    Sounds about right... Why couldn't she have been the one to die? The only person in the entire accident who deserved to die... and she is fine.
    Seems to workout that way rather frequently, unfortunately.

Power User

Quoted from article>>>>>

She later issued a written statement expressing "horror, sadness and grief" for the Gomez family. "It is a burden I will carry with me the rest of my life," she said.
    She has regrets, I wonder because it's due to genuinely feeling bad because somebody died, or because she got caught?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Akosikojak View Post
    Quoted from article>>>>>

She later issued a written statement expressing "horror, sadness and grief" for the Gomez family. "It is a burden I will carry with me the rest of my life," she said.
    She has regrets, I wonder because it's due to genuinely feeling bad because somebody died, or because she got caught?
    Lawmakers don't have feelings

Experienced

She a friggin' law maker, how much trouble do you think she'll REALLY get? Just a slap on the wrist I bet is all that's coming. I can think of a few she SHOULD be charged with. Maybe Undue Care & Attention, Endangering a Minor, Vehiclular Manslaughter (Canadian term, don't know the US term for that one).