Advanced Member
    VA With My Valentine One Radar Detector

Default Insane base jump. Anyone afraid of heights?

I am absolutely terrified of heights. I am a big ***** when it comes to this. I make my wife or my son clean the gutters out on the roof! If they want Christmas lights on the house, they know where the latter is.

Help..every time I try to post a video I try to get the video to display instead of the link..How do I correct this?
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

Northeast Pa

Default Re: Insane base jump. Anyone afraid of heights?

F that! I don't mind jumping out of a plane though. Did it once and I'm going back during the summer to do it again. Cant really tell how high you are bc the ground looks flat so my fear of heights didn't really matter. But base jumping is something I'll never ever do.

Passing on the right

I\m OK on a ladder or on a roof and such, but not that.

I didn't know I was afraid of heights at all until I went on the ride on top of the space needle in Las Vegas. In the shopping area up top, I was OK. I even went so far as to stand on the glass and look down. When I went up the stairs to go out on the roof, I pretty much froze to the railing once I got a good look on the outside.

It was then that a group og 10 year old girls asked me to let them by, so they could get up top for a ride! Well now, that meant that I either had to go up top and get on that ride, or turn in my b@lls. Needless to say, I found my way up there and managed to get on that ride.

When the ride shot up the mast at the top of the building, it felt like freefall and I could see for miles around. I think I even saw God for a moment. It was as if the building was no longer between me and the terra firma! I got off the ride with an incredible adrenaline rush, which was really cool. I still have promised myself that if I ever go back there, I'm going to be busy looking around the gift shop to go on the ride up top.

I might keep that promise, but one never knows.

Good Citizen
    Who wants to know?

Start off easy.Maybe something like this.That's me @ the top right.Nothing like walking a 4" beam with no net and no tie off.When you slip man is it a rush!
    Attached Images Attached Images