Thread: foxplate

Newcomer

Default foxplate

Hi,

Last weekend I have ordered a Foxplate for both the front and the back of my car, we have tax for coming into Stockholm, so this helps you in that way as well ...

check http://foxplate.com/videos.php for a real nice little video

(US version will be available end of this year it says)

Nice product.
    Do you know how much the US version is going to sell for?

Also how much was your "PrivacyGlass cover Licenseplate" and where did you order it from?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_fox
    Nice product.
    Do you know how much the US version is going to sell for?
    probably about the same price as in europe, about 250$ for the 2 plate system

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_fox
    Also how much was your "PrivacyGlass cover Licenseplate" and where did you order it from?
    I bought a few pieces via ebay, have still left 2 US sized pieces, if interested please contact me via PM

Stealthcb

Hmmmm. Seems like it would fly off the hinge at anything more than 45-50mph....how strong is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcb
    Hmmmm. Seems like it would fly off the hinge at anything more than 45-50mph....how strong is it?
    If you go to the website and READ it will tell you that they tested it up to 100MPH on a Peugeot 206.

Radar Fanatic

whats the point of it...

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by richardboy316
    whats the point of it...
    It looks to me like you can be coming up to a camera or if you wanted to a cop shooting radar and "clean" your plates (In other words they flip down so as not to be seen) So that you can pass through speed cameras w/o being caught.

Good Citizen

its ideal for avoiding charges from video toll routes, such as the 407 in ontario.

an overhead camera photographs your plate at the on ramp and off ramp and bills you for the milage, same technology is used to charge people for driving during peak hours in heavily congested areas in certain eu countries.

id definately be interested in one of these for my rear plate when the us/can version comes out.

Yoda of Radar

Still have that stupid entry tax going into Stockholm? I thought they booted the government in the elections because of that :P

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Still have that stupid entry tax going into Stockholm? I thought they booted the government in the elections because of that :P
    currently not anymore, but I would not wonder if it will come back again ...