Default Schedule for Navalert Database Updates

So far, I have seen database updates on 4/2/2007 and 4/22/2007 - no real rhyme or reason. It would be *really* nice if there was a "well known" date/time when the database would be available for download. For example, when I'm on a road trip, I would go out of my way to hit the navalert web site and download the latest database - what I *don't* want to do is have a nagging thought that the red light camera that I'm going to hit tomorrow isn't in the database but was updated the night before if I would have known to download it at that time.

Experienced

Default Re: Schedule for Navalert Database Updates

Quote Originally Posted by sulentic
    So far, I have seen database updates on 4/2/2007 and 4/22/2007 - no real rhyme or reason. It would be *really* nice if there was a "well known" date/time when the database would be available for download. For example, when I'm on a road trip, I would go out of my way to hit the navalert web site and download the latest database - what I *don't* want to do is have a nagging thought that the red light camera that I'm going to hit tomorrow isn't in the database but was updated the night before if I would have known to download it at that time.

cameras have a 30 day warning testing period when added, thus we will have a update at least 1 time per month if not more, simply update before your trip and you should be fine for cameras, if its a trip longer then a week, make sure to check your email for update notices.

You will find that we normally have a update at least 1 time every 3 weeks minimum - rememeber NavAlert updates are free and to keep it that way we must need to keep database costs to a minimum offering updates only when they are required.

not to mention that your Navalert evry time its powered up at 10 past the hour will remind you to update your unit if too man y days have passed since you last updated.

Experienced

Default Re: Schedule for Navalert Database Updates

Quote Originally Posted by navalert
    Quote Originally Posted by sulentic

cameras have a 30 day warning testing period when added, thus we will have a update at least 1 time per month if not more, simply update before your trip and you should be fine for cameras, if its a trip longer then a week, make sure to check your email for update notices.

You will find that we normally have a update at least 1 time every 3 weeks minimum - rememeber NavAlert updates are free and to keep it that way we must need to keep database costs to a minimum offering updates only when they are required.

not to mention that your Navalert evry time its powered up at 10 past the hour will remind you to update your unit if too man y days have passed since you last updated.
    I haven't gotten any email notices. Do you have to sign up to get them? I registered my Navalert and they have my email address.

Experienced

everyone who registers is added to the mailing, please use the contatc page and have them add you, possibly yu unsubscribed in error.