Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default Does this really work at changing red lights to green?

Hi Jazzy,

I don't know if this works, but I was wondering what happened to you since I haven't seen you post lately! Hmm...and you didn't even post something really controversial to fan the flames! :wink:

Professional

9-1-1 on the remote? that's gotta be a joke.. :roll:

Street Lawyer

I'm calling total B.S. "911" is the universal code for all universal remotes, but a diff button for diff intersections and/or remote controls? I don't think so. The fact that when he pressed a button and the light turned green but wasn't flashing like when an opticom is really enabled should tell you right there it's BS

Speed Demon

wow.. just wow

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    Hi Jazzy,

I don't know if this works, but I was wondering what happened to you since I haven't seen you post lately! Hmm...and you didn't even post something really controversial to fan the flames! :wink:
    I have been laying low and letting radardetector.net evolve as a board and then I will be back to stir the pot.

Radar Fanatic

Yeah the tv remote 911 thing is a joke. You need a mirt transmiter and those are a fellony now. Its a cool idea but it's pretty easy to get busted using one, there are so many cameras at intersections now.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by carter840
    Yeah the tv remote 911 thing is a joke. You need a mirt transmiter and those are a fellony now. Its a cool idea but it's pretty easy to get busted using one, there are so many cameras at intersections now.
    Can someone point to the law that makes this a felony

Lead Foot

this is BS. This guy is on youtube.com and post dumb stuff all the time such as this crap. The real term is called MERT. Highly illegal if caught using this.

Its a strobe that flashes a unique sequence if lights to the receiver on the of the traffic lights. In turn the light will turn green for EMS, police, Fire ect. Dialing 911 in your remote is probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard, this man should end his life soon.

Search MERT in google, im sure many of you already know this though. There are ways to build real ones that work. I forgot who did the hack for it. I think this is a federal crime if caught as well.

Experienced

"...Its a strobe that flashes a unique sequence if lights to the receiver on the of the traffic lights."

i have a m.i.r.t. (correct spelling) and there is no sequence of lights flashing if i understood your statement correctly. the mirt flashes at "bla blah bla" flashes PER SECOND and there are generally 2 codes for it. one code will speed the light up a bit (low priority) and the other will change it green in about 3 seconds (high priority). the light is generally infrared (invisible) but, can probably be white (visible).