Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default Like the Cheetah Mirror, but hate it as a rear view mirror

I really like the features of the Cheetah Mirror. I think it is great, but I can't stand it as a rear view mirror. In my opinion I think it is way too big. And the Cheetah mirror makes everything smaller which I HATE, bugs the $hit out of me. I can't use this thing mounted as a rear view mirror.

I still want to use it for the features it has, but I don't want it as rear view mirror.
    Anybody have a mounting suggestion other than over the rear view mirror where I can still get audio alerts for red light/speed cameras?

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Like the Cheetah Mirror, but hate it as a rear view mirr

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    I really like the features of the Cheetah Mirror. I think it is great, but I can't stand it as a rear view mirror. In my opinion I think it is way too big. And the Cheetah mirror makes everything smaller which I HATE, bugs the $hit out of me. I can't use this thing mounted as a rear view mirror.

I still want to use it for the features it has, but I don't want it as rear view mirror.
    Anybody have a mounting suggestion other than over the rear view mirror where I can still get audio alerts for red light/speed cameras?
    Weird I like both features and function
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

hang it over yourhead....................

Professional

How many days have you been using it?

Professional

When I first installed it, I also thought it was too large. I drove around with it for a few days and got used to it. The wide angle view is an awesome safety feature. Drive around with it for a few weeks and then take it down and try your factory mirror. You will feel like your blind and want to go back to the Cheetah mirror.

Advanced Member

And the Cheetah mirror makes everything smaller which I HATE
    It's a double-edged sword: wider angle view behind you might keep you more aware of traffic in your vicinity, but it also might make it more difficult to identify potential enforcement vehicles creeping up from behind.

I always thought that it would be nice if there was a rear-view mirror where a section of it around the middle actually made things *larger* so that you could better identify vehicles farther behind you.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    And the Cheetah mirror makes everything smaller which I HATE
    It's a double-edged sword: wider angle view behind you might keep you more aware of traffic in your vicinity, but it also might make it more difficult to identify potential enforcement vehicles creeping up from behind.

I always thought that it would be nice if there was a rear-view mirror where a section of it around the middle actually made things *larger* so that you could better identify vehicles farther behind you.
    I had this thing in my car, until it broke and I had to send it back for replacement:

I find that it does the same thing that the professor is describing. I like the wider angle view(who wouldn't), but I find that it's harder to identify a LEO coming from behind due to the fact that all of the objects in the mirror are now smaller in size.

Professional

StealthJamal,

We did some research on this. About 5% of people when they first get the mirror absolutely love it. About 5% hate it and will just never get on with it. The remaining 90% of folks need to get used to it and the normal initial reaction (before it's even been put in the car) is that "it's too big."

If you've only had it a couple of days, I would suggest you try using it for three weeks and then spend a day without it. It's only then that you will fully become aware of actually how much better it is than a standard mirror. Most folks grow to love it and end up saying "you know what, they were right all along!"

Not everyone will get on with it and that's fair enough, but I hope you do.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinZX-10R
    When I first installed it, I also thought it was too large. I drove around with it for a few days and got used to it. The wide angle view is an awesome safety feature. Drive around with it for a few weeks and then take it down and try your factory mirror. You will feel like your blind and want to go back to the Cheetah mirror.
    +1.

I now *hate* driving in my wife's car, which uses the the same rearview mirror as mine (and the OEM Subaru Autodimming mirror is pretty big, in and of itself). I feel like I'm sighting out of a gunslit.

I love it for my daily commute - all city. Blind spots are essentially all neutralized.

And, of course, I love it that I can keep an eye on Anna, without having to use a much optically inferior accessory mirror.

But on the highway, +1 to jimbonzzz's sentiments and djrams's.

Double-edged sword, indeed.

Power User

I like to be able to glance as far behind me as I can in all of my mirrors due to cops pacing. There are a lot of cops that will run up on you quick and not pace properly at the required distance and/or time. Using any mirror that reduces how far I can see behind me versus my car's factory mirror is unacceptable to me. I think the Cheetah mirror is very cool for what it does, but using it as a rear view mirror is not for me.

Anybody have ideas on a GOOD place to mount it to use the GPS features of it without mounting on the rear view mirror?

By the way, the laser node kick a$$. I think the Cheetah laser node is one of the coolest countermeasure accessories ever invented. Hopefully it will work with ALL top end laser jammers soon. It works great with my AntiLaser G8 Quad I have installed on the front of my car.