Thread: Need Help

Newcomer

Default Need Help

Hey guys, New to the board, just looking for some help with this new scanner. We, Bail bonding company, just bought a dual trunking scanner, Radio Shack model PRO-94. I may be ignorant, but I aint stupid, I can't for the life of me get this thing to work. I am clueless when it comes to electronics and am very limited in the vocabulary neccessary to communicate. IT WONT WORK. I can't seem to get both sides of conversation, I cant figure out what all this thing will do. Is there help out there somewhere. I hear alot of noise, I can recognize our local PD dispatch, but cant seem to hear response. No unit to unit conversation at all. What can I do?

Keep the snickering to a minimum please, I'm at the end of my rope with this thing

Radar Fanatic

In my limited experience with scanners, I've seen this happen when one party is in range and the other person is out of range. I've only played with very basic analog scanners, though. Not the trunking kind.

Power User

You will need to program the TX and RX feq in id say....

Start by telling me which state, county and system you are trying to monitor. I own a Pro-94 myself and can probably help you program it with that information. There is a chance you might have an incomplete list of frequencies for your area and that is why you only hear one side of a conversation. There are plenty of web resources that you can use to track down a complete list.

-Clayton

Experienced

If you can't find the correct freqs. you might look at the book that radio shack offers.

Professional

Specifically where are you, and what agencies do you wish to listen to?

Ed