- 09-18-2008 08:53 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
saw this in the description but no information on it so I though I'd add some.
The Stealth EVP MIRT can be mounted to the interior/exterior of a car or motorcycle.You can choose either a unit with a cigarette plug adapter for easy portability or a hardwired unit. The Stealth EVP safely control intersections so there is no more waiting for traffic to clear at a stoplight during an emergency!
Our units have a maximum range of 4,000 feet when a clear line of sight is present. When responding to an emergency, every second counts. By avoiding red lights you will not only save precious seconds, you will also stop the flow of traffic in any other direction so that only your lane has a green light, giving you unobstructed passage when you need it most.
MIRT stands for Mobile Infra Red Transmitter.
- 09-18-2008 08:53 PM # ADSCircuit advertisement
- Join Date
- 09-18-2008 09:40 PM #2
They work, but:
1. the system has to be installed in your city to receive their signal or it doesn't work.
2. The system in your city must be "open", allowing any MIRT to work. Many cities close their system with encoding that locks out any MIRT not issued by their city.
3. Intersection cameras will pick some of these up, and they'll come looking for you.
4. As Roy says in the forth link above, this is not a harmless little misdemeanour, like loud exhaust or squealing your tires, that you'll just get a ticket for. If you're caught, it can be deadly serious consequences.
- 09-18-2008 11:39 PM #3
Any statements, opinions, written material, forms or similar written or distributed communications contained in my posts are purely available for informational and educational purposes, and are solely my informed opinion and is not legal advice or a substitute for the advice of an attorney. If you are seeking legal advice regarding your particular situation, please consult a[n] [in]competent attorney in your area. I am not a real attorney and my opinions may not be relevant to your particular situation or the facts of your particular case.
- 09-20-2008 07:30 AM #4
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- Great Lakes
Yes we know the law. I have an older one from a friend and it doesn't work on the newer traffic signals so I guess it's just nostalgia then.1. Escort Redline 2. Bel STi 3. V1 3.892C 4. Black X50 5.Whistler XTR 695SE 6.Whistler Pro 78SE 7.Escort 9500IX 8.Escort 8500
9. Blinder HP 905 LJ, Quad head. Regardless of which LJ you have, we are all SUPPOSED to be in this TOGETHER!10-12 Cheetah C50 RLC detector, Tom Tom 540XXL, Garmin Dezl 560LMT13-19 Scanners Pro 43,57,94,& Regency,Uniden BCT8, Uniden 996T
20. Car/Modded Galaxy 959 CB, Power mic, Wilson 1000 magnet mount, Palomar Low-drive Amp
21. Truck/Cobra 148GTL CB, RoadKing Mic, 1 Francis whip, Killer Bee Hi-drive AMP
22-24 Spectre II RDD, 2 VG-2 Interceptor RDDs
25-26 RS HTX-242 Ham radio, Uniden VHF radios
27 Zaon PCAS MRX collision avoidance system (Airborn Vascar detection)
28-29 Kustom Pro Lite + Laser gun, Kustom Electronics STS display unit Speed Sign
- 11-12-2008 12:40 PM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
from www.mirtunit.com under the agreement page.
According to the Safe Intersections Act of 2005:
(1) SALE- A person who knowingly sells a traffic signal preemption transmitter in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce to a person who is not acting on behalf of a public agency or private corporation authorized by law to provide fire protection, law enforcement, emergency medical services, transit services, maintenance, or other services for a Federal, State, or local government entity, shall, notwithstanding section 3571(b) of title 18, United States Code, be fined not more than $10,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
(2) USE- A person who makes unauthorized use of a traffic signal preemption transmitter in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce shall be fined not more than $10,000, imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both.
The units are good up to 2500 feet away, no intersection camera is going to pick that up, most cams used for traffic flow don't record plates or cars, they just sense the vehicle waiting as the electromagnetic coils do.
The EVP (brought out after the MIRT) are like the size of a pack of cards, the things mount anywhere and are practically invisible, especially since they use infrared light.
- By AcuraTL in forum Other CountermeasuresReplies: 9Last Post: 06-13-2010, 12:58 PM
- By orangekid13 in forum Other CountermeasuresReplies: 6Last Post: 12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
- By Hornhonker in forum Radar Detectors - GeneralReplies: 24Last Post: 09-17-2008, 07:00 PM
- By outrun in forum Other CountermeasuresReplies: 82Last Post: 04-20-2008, 02:53 PM
- By outrun in forum Other CountermeasuresReplies: 11Last Post: 05-02-2005, 06:18 PM