Professional

Default HOW TO: Update your Cheetah GPS Detector

Covers the GPSmirror and the Cheetah C100 - the process for each detector is exactly the same.

YouTube - Updating a Cheetah speed camera detector

Speed Demon

Default Re: HOW TO: Update your Cheetah GPS Detector

Hey Ally....is that you in the video? Just curious

And just wanted to thank you for being so active on this forum. I hope you remain active here. My experience with that other GPS device support staff was pretty disappointing. They were active on the forum for about 2 months, and then when people started posting problems, they vanished.
    It doesn't even look like their forum area is working any more.

BTW....the only complaint I have seen about the C100 was the brightness of the display and it not being able to be dimmed. I don't see that as much of a problem for me. It's brighter than heck here in New Mexico during the day, so I need as bright a display as possible. And if I want to dim it, I can just put a small strip of window tint over it. Do you think they will have a dimmer option in the future for those that want it?

Dep

Old Timer

Honestly, the Cheetah products have, IMveryHO, the easiest, most painfree, and most well-constructed product update interface currently available.

There's no need to power the device externally, there's no fussing about with less-than-fully-developed "beta" software.

It's just a great product, all the way around.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
    Hey Ally....is that you in the video? Just curious
    Yes, that's me! Some of the other videos feature RacerX.

And just wanted to thank you for being so active on this forum. I hope you remain active here. My experience with that other GPS device support staff was pretty disappointing. They were active on the forum for about 2 months, and then when people started posting problems, they vanished.
    It doesn't even look like their forum area is working any more.
    I've been here since March 2006 (has it been that long already????) and am not planning on going anywhere. While I can't promise to always be as quick at replying, when business commitments take me away, I can always be relied upon to check back in from time to time. Part of the reason is that I'm just as passionate about all this radar/laser/GPS nonsense as the rest of the RD addicts here.

BTW....the only complaint I have seen about the C100 was the brightness of the display and it not being able to be dimmed. I don't see that as much of a problem for me. It's brighter than heck here in New Mexico during the day, so I need as bright a display as possible. And if I want to dim it, I can just put a small strip of window tint over it. Do you think they will have a dimmer option in the future for those that want it?
    I don't think you'll find any problems with the brightness level at all. Most people find it perfectly fine the way it is.