Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blinder Parkin Sensor/Cheetah Wireless problem

I've installed the Blinder M25 and Cheetah wireless fitting kit. To test it, I used the remote key fob to see if the stealth mode is working and it is turning it on and off fine.

I tested the parking sensor by putting my hand over the laser jammer head and audio node went off and worked fine first two times. On the third try, it is not working. So I don't know what the problem is. Wiring is fine, LED on the node of the jammer turns on and off fine.

Any ideas?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Blinder Parkin Sensor/Cheetah Wireless problem

You can use the Blinder as a parking sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapple View Post
    You can use the Blinder as a parking sensor?
    This was the instruction I got from Stuart at Cheetah support to test to see if the system is working or not.

"The plus sign is only used with our UK radar detector that shares the same warning unit.

During an alert, all 3 LEDs will flash and you’ll hear the audio warning. You can test the LPP by putting your hand in front of the jammer head to trigger the parking sensor alert. It takes about 3 seconds for the parking sensor alert to activate, but a real laser hit would warn instantaneously."

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by riverwabbit703 View Post
    This was the instruction I got from Stuart at Cheetah support to test to see if the system is working or not.

"The plus sign is only used with our UK radar detector that shares the same warning unit.

During an alert, all 3 LEDs will flash and you’ll hear the audio warning. You can test the LPP by putting your hand in front of the jammer head to trigger the parking sensor alert. It takes about 3 seconds for the parking sensor alert to activate, but a real laser hit would warn instantaneously."
    LPP = Laser Park Pro, not Blinder. Use any IR remote control during the first 30sec~1 min of turning the blinder on and it will alert to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    LPP = Laser Park Pro, not Blinder. Use any IR remote control during the first 30sec~1 min of turning the blinder on and it will alert to it.

Funny thing is that when I put my hands over the Blinder jammer head, wireless kit's audio node gave me alerts first two times. Third time trying and from there, no alerts.

Also, I saw cheetah installation video and lasernode LED was blinking "Green" when power is "on" my LED stays constant "green" when power is turned on.

Is it suppose to stay constant "green" or blink?

Here is the video:

Click on Parking sensor install link

Wireless install video for Laser Jammer - Radar Detector Reviews & Radar Detectors Review Forum & GPS Car Tracking

Professional

Doesn't sound like a problem with your Cheetah Kit and from what you are describing it doesn't sound like a problem at all.

The Blinder is not a parking sensor system.

There is a self test mode for the first 30 seconds when you can shoot it with a remote control.

Quote Originally Posted by allyoops View Post
    Doesn't sound like a problem with your Cheetah Kit and from what you are describing it doesn't sound like a problem at all.

The Blinder is not a parking sensor system.

There is a self test mode for the first 30 seconds when you can shoot it with a remote control.
    Alley, thanks for your reply. I guess I'm just too paranoid. Any remote control will do the job or do I need a special remote?

Street Lawyer

Alley, thanks for your reply. I guess I'm just too paranoid. Any remote control will do the job or do I need a special remote?
    Any remote with an IR LED should work

Professional

Also, I saw cheetah installation video and lasernode LED was blinking "Green" when power is "on" my LED stays constant "green" when power is turned on.

Here is the video:
    Wireless install video for Laser Jammer - Radar Detector Reviews & Radar Detectors Review Forum & GPS Car Tracking
    That video was shot with a Laser Pro Park Laser Jammer (or similar) and you have a Blinder Laser Jammer. These are two different jammer systems and their LEDs work in different ways. All jammers are not the same.

That confirmation LED on your connection cable will flash in the same way as the original Blinder LED would flash, as described in their manual for the Blinder M25.

Remember, your system can only ever work in the same way, and offer the same protection levels that your original Blinder system does. All apects of the jamming performance are down to the original Blinder system and the Blinder still works in exactly the same way as the Blidner manual describes.

All the Cheetah kit is doing is making it much easier to instal (de-instal / swap, etc) , giving you the alerts on a different device instead of the basic Piezo buzzer and giving you a wireless kill switch you can keep anywhere, instead of a toggle switch you have to instal in your dash somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by allyoops View Post
    That video was shot with a Laser Pro Park Laser Jammer (or similar) and you have a Blinder Laser Jammer. These are two different jammer systems and their LEDs work in different ways. All jammers are not the same.

That confirmation LED on your connection cable will flash in the same way as the original Blinder LED would flash, as described in their manual for the Blinder M25.

Remember, your system can only ever work in the same way, and offer the same protection levels that your original Blinder system does. All apects of the jamming performance are down to the original Blinder system and the Blinder still works in exactly the same way as the Blidner manual describes.

All the Cheetah kit is doing is making it much easier to instal (de-instal / swap, etc) , giving you the alerts on a different device instead of the basic Piezo buzzer and giving you a wireless kill switch you can keep anywhere, instead of a toggle switch you have to instal in your dash somewhere.
    Alley,

I just tested with TV remote and the audio node went off like a christmas tree!!

It's working beautifully!

I'm a such newbie, I'm thankful for everyone's help here at the Forum!

Cheetah Wireless kit should be must for everyone. I couldn't find any firewall holes in my SL500 so Cheetah saved me ton of headaches!

If dummy like myself can install this, anyone can.

NOW I'M PROTECTED against LASER GUNS!!!!! YESSSS!!!!!!!!