Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Question Three C100 Questions

I've settled on the C100 over the GPS mirror... I think. I just have three quick questions for our Cheetah friends:

1. Does the C100 not interface with a detector, like the mirror, to suppress falses? I don't see RD interfaces for the C100 on the Cheetah site, only for the mirror.

2. Is there any way to disable the clock? A lot of reports of it being so bright concern me, as I plan to mount it to my steering column, pretty much right in my face (and I am mostly a night driver). And I also plan to leave it powered up much of the time while parked, so I don't want the clock announcing it's presence to passers-by. My car already has two clocks. A third one would just be an annoyance.

3. Is there any difference between the cigar lighter cord and the hardwire cord, other than how it terminates? Is there any reason why someone who knows what they are doing with electronic wiring cannot convert the cigar lighter cord to a hardwire?

Thanks guys!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Cheetah Rep

Default Re: Three C100 Questions

I'll answer in order.

1. Yes it interfaces the same way. if anything i just need to work on all my pages and add C100 when the interfaces mention the mirror, thanks for the reminder.

2. It doesn't have that at this time, not sure if it can be even added to the present hardware design, since it would need something to shut off the screen , then turn it back on again when moving, so as someone is stopping and starting the screen would be shutting on and off. may end up cutting down the life of the unit possibly?
    if anything tie it in to a switched source and it will just be off when you are out of the car.

3. No difference, other than not having the cord to move it to another vehicle, just be sure to put in a 2 amp fuse inline.

Yoda of Radar

Awesome, X! Thanks a lot! So, for ordering purposes, the V1 interface for the mirror is the same one as for the C100, right?

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

yup

Old Timer

RE: clock-disable
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    2. It doesn't have that at this time, not sure if it can be even added to the present hardware design, since it would need something to shut off the screen , then turn it back on again when moving, so as someone is stopping and starting the screen would be shutting on and off. may end up cutting down the life of the unit possibly?
    Would it be possible to have the display go to, say "- - - -" when the vehicle is not moving?

Just throwing ideas out there.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX View Post
    Would it be possible to have the display go to, say "- - - -" when the vehicle is not moving?
    Exactly. Or maybe just a single dot. What it currently says when you are not moving is, "STEAL ME!".

Old Timer

^ That's so wrong!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Exactly. Or maybe just a single dot. What it currently says when you are not moving is, "STEAL ME!".
    Can you have it say 'Broken' instead? Then people won't take it.

Advanced Member

Why not just power it down when you are parking the car it takes only 5-30seconds to get the satelites acquired and you will mostlikely be not out of the parking lot within 30seconds

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

That's obviously the best plan. Just looking for alternatives. It is uber annoying to listen to the V1, the LI, and the Cheetah all go through their power-up sequences all at once everytime I stop three minutes for gas or a Coke. Since they'll all be common hardwired, I'd just as soon leave them all running for those short periods. Of course, I wouldn't leave them running all night, just short stops.

But the main concern is that bright-arse clock in my face at every stop light.