I just bought a new Cheetah mirror with the v1 interface and like the combo, there are some things I am not sure about though and wanted to run by you.
1. When I mute my V1 the alerts keep coming in through the mirror, and even though I have x band turned off in the v1 the alerts still sound in the mirror (I thought since the alerts were disabled in the v1 I would not need to disable k in the mirror)?
2. The beep sounds on my mirror are like 20x louder than the voice alerts which makes it hard for me to choose a correct volume.
3. On the left hand side of my mirror I can actually see right through it, if i wave my fingers behind the mirror I can see them from the front.
4. When the display shows the time, it only has one blinky dot in between the numbers instead of two?
5. The dot always shows even when the speedo is on.
6. My compass is sometimes completely off, there is not even a little arrow at all, and this is after the mirror has successfully acquired GPS signal. Other times it will just show only a little arrow like in between N and E but there will be no N or E lit up. At first I thought this would indicate a NE heading but why would the compass not just show the N and E lit up with the arrow in the middle?
7. My personal marked locations seem to give me only a tone sound and a countdown from 2 to 0 (which seems to be very quick) instead of the regular 500 foot count down with voice and distance that I get from an entry in the database? Why would these two not function the same?
8. I like the look of the mirror however everything in the mirror including my face seems to be really stretched and I mean really stretched. Is this distortion suppose to be there to assist with the wide angle view because mine seems to be extreme?
9. At night when I can see the display better or even when I have the mirror in the house to update it, I can see the numbers on the display seem to be flickering really fast. I know it is not my eyes as the led numbers on my V1 do not do the same thing, is this normal for this display or is there something wrong with mine.
10. Is there any way to dim the mirror during night driving?
11. One time I think I held down the first button and the mirror went through some sort of a voice out of all the alerts stored within the memory?
12. Is there any way to exit back to the main display by just pushing a button instead of having to cycle through the entire menu?
13. Are there suppose to be strength bars on the mirror to indicate alert strength?
14. Last but not least, when my K and X band alert light flashes there seems to be some sort of deformation of the K and it has little writing to the top right of the K?
Thanks guys I really appreciate your help I just need to know if these are issues with my mirror or whats going on.