Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default laser shiled worth it?

Hey guys...just read about the "laser shield".

Any good????? Everyone chime in here and let me know.

Radar Fanatic

I'm sure it doesn't compare to Veil, as it'd be only your plate and not headlights. But i'm sure it is effective, because Roy tests everything he sells.

Old Timer

I would invest in the veil, but like Roys site says, "Cheap alternative" some protection is better then none!

Manufacturer

Its an interesting thought.

Assuming the Laser Shield does was it is supposed to, perhaps they would work well together. LS for the plate cover and VEIL for the lights, etc.

It has been rightfully pointed out that VEIL can make certain plates appear darker in colour when viewed. This may not be preferrable to some.

In these cases, if this plate cover can do a similar job while VEIL takes care of everything else then perhaps its a winning combination.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Founder of Stealthvation

I use the Laser Shield AND the Veil on my plate. I want max protection from the State Troopers!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

But happy, with VEIL and a blinder wouldn't your plate be better suited with a superprotector cover?

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah you are right and I am getting to order two of them SOON
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

I am not totally comfortable with putting veil on my truck...not sure how it would realistically affect the lights and appearance.

Anyways, what a want to know is if putting the guard on the lic plate is as effective as putting veil on the lic plate.

Perry

Speed Demon

As far as the lights are concerned, if you shake the VEIL then let it sit for 3 minutes, then do the lights with a LIGHT coat, the difference is small enough you only notice when on bulb is VEIL'd and one isn't. When they both are, you'd never think twice about the lights. I haven't noticed any loss in light output and I'm big on my nighttime lighting.
    Richard

Good Citizen

Well, I have to do something. I got my first legit laser attack last night driving on a 40 mph road. My x50/zr3 just went off like crazy saying laser shifting front--wow!! First time. I was so surprised!! I saw the cop on the side of the road. There was a red light coming out of his car at the drivers side window.

I actually turned around and drove back and forth testing the zr3. The detector/shifter alerted evertime I saw the red light, but a few times it did not go off--however, I never saw the red light these times either, so I dont believe he was actually gunning at me then.