Thread: cheetah and V1

Newcomer

Default cheetah and V1

Just bought a V1 and LI which are in the mail, was thinking of adding cheetah as well when installing. Am I correct from what I read that the cheetah will help tame the false alarms of the V1? My understanding of the way it works is that by allowing you to program it not to alert under a certain mph, say 35, you get a lot less hassle from garage doors, etc.? Also, I assume I can't do the mirror because I would lose all the other features mercedes packed into the mirror unit such as rain sensing and all the other nonsense....... is that correct? I have tried to read around, but would really appreciate some clarity. If my only choice is the c100, do I need any additional stuff to interface everything?
    Thanks a lot,

Professional

Default Re: cheetah and V1

Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
    Just bought a V1 and LI which are in the mail, was thinking of adding cheetah as well when installing. Am I correct from what I read that the cheetah will help tame the false alarms of the V1? My understanding of the way it works is that by allowing you to program it not to alert under a certain mph, say 35, you get a lot less hassle from garage doors, etc.? Also, I assume I can't do the mirror because I would lose all the other features mercedes packed into the mirror unit such as rain sensing and all the other nonsense....... is that correct? I have tried to read around, but would really appreciate some clarity. If my only choice is the c100, do I need any additional stuff to interface everything?
    Thanks a lot,
    I sent you a PM but to follow up. The rain sensor is on the opposite side of the mirror so no problems there. Also I can still easily reach my garage door opener buttons on the bottom.

Also you need the interface box with v1 chip plus the mirror for integration.

It filters out most of my false alerts with 35mph threshold. And x-band audio disabled.

The only con of the system is a few threads down. I explain it but it could be fixed with a future update. Which I hope cheetah does. They have added numerous features in the past by update so fingers crossed.

Overall I am very pleased with the Cheetah mirror with v1 integration.
    Last edited by rsatmans; 07-18-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Yoda of Radar

There are a lot of things you can do with the Cheetah interfaced to a V1. In addition to easily disabling and enabling individual bands on the fly, making it convenient to change settings when you move into or out of the city. You can disable all beeps, giving you only voice alerts. What I usually do in the city, in addition to the speed setting, is to disable the beeps, and to turn my V1 volume up just enough to be heard, but not loud. That way I don't even really notice or pay attention to it unless I get a voice alert. But that way I still get my perfect V1 ramp-up when I do get an alert.

In the city, I get no falses at all anymore, unless a Cobra pulls up next to me. And the speed trap and RLC alerts are 99 percent spot-on.

Just make sure that, if you use the V1 remote display and/or audio node, there is a special interconnect node that you have to get that does not come with the Mirror or V1 interface. It doesn't say that anywhere on RadarBusters' site or on the Cheetah site, and RadarBusters doesn't even sell it, so you end up with a system you can't use for a week while you wait for the extra piece.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

I disable POOP on my v1 and have not had a false KA since.

Newcomer

i ordered the cheetah mirror and interface for v1, where do I find the other node you mentioned? Is that the laser node? I noticed that as an additional item, but it didn't list LI so didn't get it?

Yoda of Radar

No idea. It's not the laser node. And it's not on speedcheetah.com. It's not on cheetahusa.com. It's not on gpsdetector.com. I dunno what the heck happened to it. It took me forever to find it when I bought it, because again, they certainly don't make it easy for some reason. AllyOops or RacerX should step in to answer for you soon. But this is something that very definitely needs to be prominently clarified on all sites, including Radar Busters.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 07-18-2009 at 10:26 PM.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

thanks for the tip, called them up and they are sending the other part. They mentioned they are working with Radarbusters.com to make it clear you need it.

Professional

New website will be released in a couple of weeks and it explains everything much better. Once that's up we'll ask RadarBusters to copy the new format and product descriptions over and that will be very helpful in explaining the products more clearly.

Al

Newcomer

do you have any pics of how everything should be wired and set-up that offer a better explanation, don't quite know where to put everything and doesn't seem I have enough wires to go between all the parts?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
    do you have any pics of how everything should be wired and set-up that offer a better explanation, don't quite know where to put everything and doesn't seem I have enough wires to go between all the parts?
    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...1-problem.html

i couldnt get it to work initially but this is how i finally solved the problem. It depends on what you have connected at the same time( CD or audio) . i only had the CD not the audio adapter.

I know the drawing is bad........but paint was the only application i could use in the office