Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheetah + V1

Experienced

Default Cheetah + V1

I have downloaded the manual for the cheetah C100/mirror and can't seem to find an answer to my question. I would like to know from a software standpoint, how the V1 interacts with the Cheetah. All I know is that you can set a speed on cheetah which will not make a sound until that speed. But what I don't understand is how the audio works for everything else. I'm mainly interesting in knowing what audio settings there are. For instance, are they both going off? Does the V1 volume no longer control the V1? Conversely, does the mirror control the V1 audio? Does the V1 even give off audio (etc...)

EDIT: I forgot to mention how the concealed display would affect audio too.
    Last edited by Viper; 10-09-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Professional

Default Re: Cheetah + V1

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I have downloaded the manual for the cheetah C100/mirror and can't seem to find an answer to my question. I would like to know from a software standpoint, how the V1 interacts with the Cheetah. All I know is that you can set a speed on cheetah which will not make a sound until that speed. But what I don't understand is how the audio works for everything else. I'm mainly interesting in knowing what audio settings there are. For instance, are they both going off? Does the V1 volume no longer control the V1? Conversely, does the mirror control the V1 audio? Does the V1 even give off audio (etc...)

EDIT: I forgot to mention how the concealed display would affect audio too.
    A question I think I can answer, except as to the concealed display. If V1 sends a signal to Cheetah, Cheetah reports it, unless you tell Cheetah not to. If you program V1 not to send a signal in certain instances, Cheetah does not report it. If you turn down the volume on the V1 all the way, all audibles are from the Cheetah. If you do not turn down the volume on the V1 all the way, then you will get audibles from both the V1 and the Cheetah. They are both going off only if you don't turn down the volume on the V1 -- so turn down the volume on the V1. The V1 volume controls the V1 audio at all times ... so turn it down. The mirror does not control the V1 audio ... but it has its own audio. I suggest on the mirror, turn on city mute, and set audibles to 35 mph, and turn off X alerts (assuming you are in the city). On the V1, mute the k, and turn down the volume all the way.

Experienced

That was really good info. Thanks.

Newcomer

Agreed

Professional

Correct. Basically the Cheetah does nothing to the V1 audio or the V1 display, it mutes it own audio.

What we recommend to experienced V1 users is to run the V1 with the volume turned down really low for a couple of weeks. That way you can still hear what the V1 is doing and how the Cheetah is reacting and copying it. That way you can get used to the Cheetah 5 stage ramp up, etc.

Once you're confident with the Cheetah handling all the radar alerts, you can turn the V1 volume all the way down, and enjoy the silence.

If you use a Valentine Concealed Display (or a Valentine remote Audio Adapter) make sure you order the correct Cheetah Interface. The standard interface will not allow the valentine concealed displays to work. You have to order the special one with an extra component. It's called the "Cheetah Interface for V1's with Remote Display(s)" It's $29 more at $139, but it allows your concealed display to still function exactly as normal.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by allyoops View Post
    The standard interface will not allow the valentine concealed displays to work. You have to order the special one with an extra component. It's called the "Cheetah Interface for V1's with Remote Display(s)" It's $29 more at $139, but it allows your concealed display to still function exactly as normal.
    I already own a c100. The V1 (in its own case in the enginge bay) with an additional concealed display in the cabin would be an option for me as well - however, I cannot find the interface for the v1 with the remote display on cheetah's homepage for the European market (speedcheetah.com/scshop/product.php?xProd=77#GPSmirror_RDI_DIY ) - so how could I order such interface for Germany?

Best regards

Mick

Good Citizen

Question: in a set of V1-supplied cable, which is the figure "wiring option D" - marked "V1 power"?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    I cannot find the interface for the v1 with the remote display on cheetah's homepage for the European market so how could I order such interface for Germany?
    PM sent.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad S View Post
    Question: in a set of V1-supplied cable, which is the figure "wiring option D" - marked "V1 power"?
    That is a standard Valentine cable. It's not supplied by Cheetah. It's a universal thing supplied by Valentine for connect all the V1 components together.

Experienced

Does the Cheetah Mirror say what band the V1 is picking up or does it beep, chirp etc?