Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Dash mounted strobes?

I’m sure there are others out there who loathe those morons who drive the speed limit in the left lane, seemingly in-formation with the cars to their right, making it impossible to pass for miles, no matter how much of an a-hole tailgater you are (I hate doing this). In Colorado there is that nice law posted periodically on highways: "Keep right except to pass", but it is rarely followed. I’ve recently been looking into solutions for this: Dash strobes!

ET-7 Dash Light-
    extremetacticaldynamics.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=65

But I’m definitely questioning the legality. Anyone know the rules? What about just using amber lights?

I believe Alex Roy used strobes like this to help him on his 32 hour cross country run.

Power User

Default Re: Dash mounted strobes?

For left lane retards, I usually get real close. If that doesn't work a couple head light flashes are next. Then, I slow down create distance between us and then hammer down to try to intimidate them out of the LL. I also have a k-band gun to get those RD users to move over.

You may like this thread.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...s-what-do.html

Yoda of Radar

Most of the time it hurts you rather than help you. When people finally notice the strobes behind them, especially on a non-official looking vehicle, they immediately freak out and hit their brakes, coming sometimes to a near stop in the fast lane, trapping you behind them, while other traffic now passes you on the right. Not quite the desired response if you're in a hurry. And if you're not in a legit hurry, why bother?

Legality will vary from state to state, but in those states where it is technically "legal" by the book, most officers will still find a reason to lock you up for it, again sort of ruining the plan of gaining time.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Yoda of Radar

I have always wanted to hook a out-door PA/loud-speaker up to my to my CB and see how that works.

Yoda of Radar

They're not very loud at all (5 watts). Not nearly as loud as the PA on a siren (50 to 75 watts), which still isn't loud enough to be heard in a moving car most of the time. Definitely not on the freeway.

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    They're not very loud at all (5 watts). Not nearly as loud as the PA on a siren (50 to 75 watts), which still isn't loud enough to be heard in a moving car most of the time. Definitely not on the freeway.
    My dad has one on his truck and you can't hear it on the the highway. But at 30 mph and down its fair game. He likes yelling at those bikers who are in his lane and not on the shoulder.

Yoda of Radar

Yeah, but they do make 100&200watt ones which would be perfect for me for the spring.

Yoda of Radar

Hehe... it's definitely entertainment driving through teh Ghetto and yelling "DROP THE GUN!" over the PA and watch people scatter.

Power User

Hehe... it's definitely entertainment driving through teh Ghetto and yelling "DROP THE GUN!" over the PA and watch people scatter.
    In your case IMMIGRATION!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by stealth stalker View Post
    hehe... It's definitely entertainment driving through teh ghetto and yelling "drop the gun!" over the pa and watch people scatter.
    Racist!