The time display on my Cheetah mirror stopped working properly. The first digit did not display at all. 10:23 A.M. or P.M. was displayed as 0:23 When it started up it would display "PS" instead of GPS. When I updated the database instead of displaying "good" when the update was completed it displayed "ood".
I took the unit apart and blew it out with compressed air and re-assembled it but no joy. Kept meaning to send it back but never felt like giving it up, especially as it is the primary speedometer which I use.
Next time I updated it and it finished and displayed "ood" I decided to disassemble it while it was still hooked up to my PC and displaying "ood".
I tried twisting the L.E.D. display module, torquing it would be a better term, as it did not actually move, and I got "good" displayed when I twisted it in a clock-wise direction.
Put everything back together and now a time of 10:23 is displayed correctly, it displays "GPS" and says "good".
That was about a month ago, so my "fix" seems to be holding up.