Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trapster ?

Radar Fanatic

Default Trapster ?

I have noticed alot of expired speedtraps recently. How long does it take for a trap to expire?

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Default Re: Trapster ?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    I have noticed alot of expired speedtraps recently. How long does it take for a trap to expire?

Can't remember where but I read somewhere 6 hours

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

I noticed a lot of expired alerts on the Trapmap on the website. When I try to vote on them they disappear...

Professional

I think it is a month.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    Are you talking about the "aged" police often hide here markers?

In that case it takes three weeks for them to "age" without any activity.

ETA: The locations are still marked and visible on the trapster.com website, they just aren't visible on the map on your mobile phone/GPS device.
    Last edited by ProbyOne; 12-13-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Good Citizen

That makes trapster much less useful, just because it's a common speed trap doesn't mean that someone with trapster is going to come by with trapster up and vote on it or check everything online and vote there...
    C50 looks like a better and better invsestment now. Still, my next phone will likely be a Droid so I could have trapster too

Quote Originally Posted by orangekid13 View Post
    That makes trapster much less useful, just because it's a common speed trap doesn't mean that someone with trapster is going to come by with trapster up and vote on it or check everything online and vote there...
    C50 looks like a better and better invsestment now. Still, my next phone will likely be a Droid so I could have trapster too
    I agree... there aren't enough Trapster users in most areas for the "aged traps" idea to work well.

If the 3 week period was extended to a few months or more It might be a good idea.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by ProbyOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orangekid13 View Post
    I agree... there aren't enough Trapster users in most areas for the "aged traps" idea to work well.

If the 3 week period was extended to a few months or more It might be a good idea.
    Especially this time of year when many of the traps that are used every other day in the summer haven't seen any action for weeks.

I guess their theory is that a live Trapster user will see a trap and report it when it's in use again, but that doesn't help those of us who just use the GPS POIs.

Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    I guess their theory is that a live Trapster user will see a trap and report it when it's in use again, but that doesn't help those of us who just use the GPS POIs.
    So the aged traps aren't included in the GPS POIs? I just assumed that they were still included in everything except for the mobile application maps.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by ProbyOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    So the aged traps aren't included in the GPS POIs? I just assumed that they were still included in everything except for the mobile application maps.
    Honestly I'm not sure, I always just assumed that they weren't... I'll have to investigate that.