Thread: C50

Newcomer

Default C50

Ok, so everything I've seen and read about the C50 screams excellence! That being said, where are people putting these things? There is no suction mount to install on windshield beside my V1 or any other mounting device available...are people just sitting them on their dash using the magnetic puck? Thanks

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Default Re: C50

Steering column

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz13 View Post
    Ok, so everything I've seen and read about the C50 screams excellence! That being said, where are people putting these things? There is no suction mount to install on windshield beside my V1 or any other mounting device available...are people just sitting them on their dash using the magnetic puck? Thanks
    I found that the sticky part of the magnetic mount didnt last more than a day so i use velcro and have it on my dashboard where it has a level service and a clear view to the front. I mount it as closely to the windshield as possible.

Radar Fanatic

I cleaned the column with windex and then water to get rid of any residual protectants or other cleaners. It stuck without issue.

I can see how you wish to use velcro because for now the puck is a one-time deal

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz13 View Post
    I used velcro which keeps it mounted sturdy to the dashboard.

Radar Fanatic

On some vehicles the dash may be a requirement but the ones that I have mounted them on have worked with the puck on the steering column. That was chosen for 2 reasons, To not invite theives and to make it a singke glance to the speedo area for actual speed and other good C50 info.

Everyone I show it to loves it but some of them are just not ready to let go of the $ because Christmas was just a month ago.

Around here, in my mind, it is like having air in the tires, don't drive without it! It will cost you much more money in the long run if you do and don't pay attention.

GO CHEETAH GO!!!

Yeah, I am a Fanboy!