Lead Foot

Default cheetah wireless kit and blinder. m27

i just installed a blinder m27 with cheetah wireless kit... i was wondering in the display node, when you start your engine, the red power lights comes on follow by two beep and the green light and a long beep, then you know its on and connected to the jammer. however, when u shut it off with the keyless remote and then turn it back on, it doesnt make any sound... does anyone know anything about this? how come no sound compare when u turn on the iginition. on the software, i turn off the start up sound as directed by cheetah...

Good Citizen

Default Re: cheetah wireless kit and blinder. m27

Quote Originally Posted by mahjong007 View Post
    i just installed a blinder m27 with cheetah wireless kit... i was wondering in the display node, when you start your engine, the red power lights comes on follow by two beep and the green light and a long beep, then you know its on and connected to the jammer. however, when u shut it off with the keyless remote and then turn it back on, it doesn't make any sound... does anyone know anything about this? how come no sound compare when u turn on the iginition. on the software, i turn off the start up sound as directed by cheetah...

I use the Cheetah Wireless Kit with my M47's and noticed the same thing. What you are describing is normal operation for the Cheetah Wireless Kit.

The difference between the start-up sequences is that when you start the car the PowerSenseNode automatically activates the Blinder system and performs the tests & tones you describe during the activation process. When you use the key fob to turn off/on the Cheetah unit, the PowerSenseNode already senses that the Blinder system is active (car running) so there is no need to perform the tests. The LaserNode establishes wireless connection immediately and polls every 20 seconds to maintain connectivity. You will hear the final long beep and see a green satellite dish in the Cheetah DisplayNode when the system is ready.

You are correct in turning off the Blinder start-up sounds but that is to prevent interference with the Cheetah start-up process. You should also select "constant jamming" option to avoid timing issues on alert notifications with the Cheetah unit. You can manually control the Blinder jam timing with the key fob to avoid JTG. I hope this helps answer your question.