I took off the reflective coating by wet sanding it, and then I took acid mixed with water. The first time I did this, it ate the plate literally. I finally got the mixture right. Chemistry was never my strong suite. I just have not had the time to test it with my P2. It was not and easy task. It was very time consuming. I had gotten the idea from trying to take a picture in the Dark with my Nikon D200. It was night and I could not get my camera to take the picture in some of the auto setting that it has. I set the camera pick up the best source that it could get a reading with a tripod it was always the license plate. (Obvious reasons) The front of my truck is black. So now, when I use my Nikon on the plate it does not see it @ all when using the same setting that I had used before. Looking at the plate, you can see it is different if you really look at it. I am out of Veil so once my new can shows up I think it well fix the appearance problem. I thought I would try this since I need to get new plates anyway due to the ticket my truck received in DC. I know that I have cut down the range, I just wonder by how much. I really do not want to post pics of this. If you are interested PM me.