Newcomer

Default AVS Bugflector II/LeBra Cover Installation for Laser defense

I just bought a full LeBra cover and AVS Bugflector II for may Honda Odyssey. The Bug guard is smoky acrylic. Can I put a full bra and Bug guard on the vehicle at the same time? If so, what order do I install it in? Bra first then guard? Or the other way around? Use screws or just the tape? Should I go out and buy some flat black spray paint and paint the bugflector flat black instead of leaving it acrylic Smoke? I need some help here. Any ideas? Has anyone used the two together?

Kurtz

Cheetah Rep

if that's the two piece, you would put the bra first, then deflector. the top piece slides over the front of the hood, and is designed to be flat, so it wouldn't fit, or look right with the bug deflector underneath.
    before you put it on though, fit the deflector and see where the tape/screws go. some of those are a tight fit, so with the added thickness of the bra, you'll want to know exactly how/where it fits, in case you have to do some tweaking to get it right/tight.
    as for tape or screws, that'll depend on whether the bra is under the parts you would tape. if everything fits tight and when the hood is closed, there is no way for the deflector to shift or slide out, you might not need either. i personally would use the screws, just check the depth where they go, to not only make sure that they will attach to the hood with the added thickness, but make sure they won't come through the top either.

I wouldn't paint the deflector either. the paint will do nothing extra for laser, and it'll look like cr@p when the paint starts to chip/flake.

Also, if you need to take it off to remove the bra to clean underneath it, the screws would be quicker, as opposed to replacing the tape each time, unless maybe you used velcro.

Lead Foot

If you're putting on a bra, why would you want the bug-flector? The bra will do that job as well and even better. The bug-flector only does that - deflect bugs from your hood to your windshield (YUK!!).

Use the bra and return the bug-shield and get your $$$$ back. I'm trying to picture it and IMHO, it would look very tacky...but to each his own.

Radar Fanatic

Setitoff- I think you're a little mis-informed about a bug deflector's purpose. When installed properly, it will indeed deflect bugs away from your windshield at higher speeds. The purpose is to change the aerodynamics of the hood and cause the airflow to shift upwards more than right back towards the glass. I'm having a hard time actually putting it into words, i'm sure someone smarter than myself can explain it better, but they do indeed keep bugs off the glass.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Setitoff- I think you're a little mis-informed about a bug deflector's purpose. When installed properly, it will indeed deflect bugs away from your windshield at higher speeds. The purpose is to change the aerodynamics of the hood and cause the airflow to shift upwards more than right back towards the glass. I'm having a hard time actually putting it into words, i'm sure someone smarter than myself can explain it better, but they do indeed keep bugs off the glass.
    I know their purpose and how they're supposed to work. I haven't seen one yet that does(my own personal experiences). Most bras have wind-shifters on them also to keep the trailing edge down on the hood as well while causing up-drafts to lift bugs, rocks, etc...so why get 2 things to do one job?