Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love my Mirror

Power User

Default Love my Mirror

I've been using this mirror for 2 days and really enjoy it. The book said it may take up to 20 minutes to pinpoint my location, but within 2 minutes it had locked on. I now have fewer blind spots (and my car has very few) because the mirror is convex so I can see out of the windows in my back seats. I do think the auto-tint could tint a bit more, it tints just enough where you have a very clear picture at night. I have yet to take it out on the freeway, but that should happen in the coming weeks.

Oh, and as others have said, this thing is big!

Professional

Default Re: Love my Mirror

Thanks for the information, with the FL senate approving statewide use of redlight cameras, I wanted to maintain my stealth profile with my STI-R without my 9660G having to hang on the windshield all of the time. I am heavily considering this product.

Power User

You should hurry because once they are gone, they are gone.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...ting-list.html

Professional

I will definitely place an order when I get home. It will add yet another discontinued product to my arsenal.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I've been using this mirror for 2 days and really enjoy it. The book said it may take up to 20 minutes to pinpoint my location, but within 2 minutes it had locked on. I now have fewer blind spots (and my car has very few) because the mirror is convex so I can see out of the windows in my back seats. I do think the auto-tint could tint a bit more, it tints just enough where you have a very clear picture at night. I have yet to take it out on the freeway, but that should happen in the coming weeks.

Oh, and as others have said, this thing is big!
    It takes a bit of time to get used to the mirror. but once you get used to it, theres no going back. The mirror covers all my blind spots, helps me with cars that have HID lights and most importantly will make the V1 experience so much better.

I undestand the detector more, since i have the mirror. The voice commands on each band and the ability to help with the falses are awesome. Its been a year since i got the C100 and def one of the most important devices in my car. Good choice on the purchase. Make sure intergrate it to the V1.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Divewjason View Post
    I will definitely place an order when I get home. It will add yet another discontinued product to my arsenal.
    It really is nice. I just need to hardwire it. I forgot to say this in my original post, but the mirror only comes with a cigarette adapter, so make sure to pick up the hardwire kit.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTrigger View Post
    It takes a bit of time to get used to the mirror. but once you get used to it, theres no going back. The mirror covers all my blind spots, helps me with cars that have HID lights and most importantly will make the V1 experience so much better.

I undestand the detector more, since i have the mirror. The voice commands on each band and the ability to help with the falses are awesome. Its been a year since i got the C100 and def one of the most important devices in my car. Good choice on the purchase. Make sure intergrate it to the V1.
    Thought about it, but decided against integrating it. I'll let my brain do the thinking instead of a piece of technology. I'll decide if a radar source is worth worrying about or not.

Professional

I have to agree that the mirror is a great product, had it now for 3-4 weeks and love it. when you attach the V1 it really brings it to life. I had no trouble at all with the size of the mirror it seems perfect, however it did not fit my on-star factory mirror had to remove the two bottom feet and re-postion further out, now it fits like a champ!
    I would highly recommend this product.

Side note: would recommend direct wire to fuse box and also install a switch under the dash to operate, did not care for the little on/off switch on the mirror.
    Last edited by Offshore; 04-29-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Experienced

Hopefully the don't discontinue updating this thing.....I've had mine since last August and there have only been 3 updates since the day I bought it (if you go by the version number)...

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha1 View Post

Hopefully the don't discontinue updating this thing.....I've had mine since last August and there have only been 3 updates since the day I bought it (if you go by the version number)...
    That would be a disapointment for sure, but I belive the C-100 uses the same data base and it has not been discontinued...yet....

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha1 View Post

Right in the first post:

After this batch we are planning to discontinue that particular model so this will be your final opportunity to own a unique camera detection wonder!!!!!!!
    I wish they weren't either, but who knows what they have for the future. Maybe a model that integrates with Trapster? ....one can wish right?