A few wanted to know how I liked my new Cheetah C50 Intelligent GPS. Here is my total unbiased review for what it’s worth.
What I Like…
1) Reasonably priced
2) Of course the fact that you can constantly update your red light and speed camera database with a paid subscription. Plus many other warnings and alerts.
3) You can personally mark up to 100 “marked locations” (bad intersections, speed traps, etc).
4) You can mark up to 5 speed reminders (use this feature with discretion or it can be annoying).
5) Shows a small compass & your true speed, unlike your cars manufacturer odometer speed which shows 3-4 miles faster than you are really going.
6) Turns into a clock when you’re at a stand still.
7) Small footprint. Fits in the palm of your hand.
8) Products are well supported at their website & via email.
9) Fits in my V1 carry case along with my V1 and remote.
10) They sell accessories for the C50 as well as other devices to interface.
11) A lot more to like. See more features in Veil Guy’s review here…
What I dislike…
1) The biggest flaw in this unit is that there is no self or manual dimming display. I find the display to be bright at night. Other owners claim they don’t have an issue. But really, the Vizalert has auto dimming. Every RD and GPS has this auto or manual feature. Why not the C50? An engineering oversight in my opinion. A tint screen emulsion is a good band aid as suggested in another post. I will post pictures on how easy it is.
2) The connecter on the power cord is a bit bulky and sticks out a good inch from the unit. You wouldn’t think this was a big deal but considering its size, it looks a little awkward looking when plugged in as do many radar detectors.
3) Unless you build yourself a small 5 VDC supply with a female USB outlet, even the hardwire kit relies on the special cigarette plug to drop the voltage.
All & all I would recommend this device to compliment your RD & or jammer. The driver must trust the well supported Trinity 2 software and get down-loadable updates routinely. For the price, I believe they have one of the best products of its kind.