Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default How to beat ENRADD??

I am going to be doing a lot of driving in PA (around Philly to be more specific) and I was told that my V1 would be useless because they use ENRADD. I have done a little research but I still am kind of confused as to how it's used and if there is any way to detect or beat it.

Thanks for your help!

Good Citizen

Default Re: How to beat ENRADD??

Just read some other threads about it and apparently I should've done my homework before miscellaneously posting a thread. Sorry everyone!

Professional

There are quite a few threads here, indeed, on the use of ENRADD, especially since it's a unique device. If you do have any further questions feel free to ask... I have experience on both sides of the device, and there's a few other members here with extensive knowledge of the device and how it's used.

Mobile Installer

Do the speed limit and no need to worry.

Good Citizen

ENRADD.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME PAGE FOR INFO

ENRADD Wireless System is a non-radar speed-timing device. The ENRADD Wireless System is a PA approved speed-timing device. The ENRADD Wireless System was developed as speed enforcement tool that can be deployed in a wide range of traffic conditions. The wireless link allows the ENRADD to be separated from the Non-Contact Roadswitch's that form the timing zone. This wireless link allows the ENRADD display to be a distance of +/- 2000 feet from the Non-Contact Roadswitch timing zone, i.e. line of site. The ENRADD Wireless System measures the speed of a vehicle as it passes through the Non-Contact Roadswitch's timing zone, then displaying the speed for the officer to see.
    YIS/Cowden Group, Inc

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by radarrob View Post
    Do the speed limit and no need to worry.

LOL.

Professional

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by krypton2 View Post
    There are quite a few threads here, indeed, on the use of ENRADD, especially since it's a unique device. If you do have any further questions feel free to ask... I have experience on both sides of the device, and there's a few other members here with extensive knowledge of the device and how it's used.
    I have a specific question. What happens if you have a scanner set to 916.5MHz and you drive through an active ENRADD operation? Do you hear anything on the scanner before you enter the beam or when you break the beams?

Thanks

Speed Demon

If you're driving in the city itself you don't need to worry. I have never Philly run any kind of traffic enforcement except occasionally on the highways and I doubt they're putting their $5000 on the side of 95 haha

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by mikered30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krypton2 View Post
    I have a specific question. What happens if you have a scanner set to 916.5MHz and you drive through an active ENRADD operation? Do you hear anything on the scanner before you enter the beam or when you break the beams?

Thanks
    This is a question that has been brought up in the past and I never did test it...so I'm really not too sure. I just programmed that frequency into one of my scanners so I'll see if I can test it sometime. I'm not sure when though.