Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Emergency Bag

  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Question Emergency Bag

    Should I get a red emergency bag? Is it really necessary for it to be red?

  2. #2
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts
    Posts
    3,026

    Default Re: Emergency Bag

    Not if you carry other visual warning devices like fold-up triangles or flares, which you should.

    I'm assuming this is for automotive emergencies like crashes and breakdowns?

  3. #3
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Emergency Bag

    yep, supercowpowers. Thanks a lot for the response.

  4. #4
    RadarBusters Associate
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: Emergency Bag

    It is always good to have some sort of emergency equipment in your vehicle at all time. The color doesn't have to be red but the reason for it being red is so it can be easily identified as emergency equipment and so in general it is easier to see

  5. #5
    Professional
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Emergency Bag

    I have an emergency bag in my POV...it's bright yellow, but not intentionally - it was just the closest bag I had handy when I made the bag.

    I have tons of stuff in it, but a few things I can think of right now: reflective warning triangles, a toolbox with very basic tools that would be used on a car, a small first aid kit, a tire patching kit, a few bottles of water, and things like that. I also add in a small container of cat litter during the winter, but take it out when there's no reason for it to be in there.

    On a side note, I keep a pad of paper and a pen in the front so that it's available anytime I need it. I think everyone should do this...it has plenty of benefits.

  6. #6
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Emergency Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by krypton2 View Post
    I have an emergency bag in my POV...it's bright yellow, but not intentionally - it was just the closest bag I had handy when I made the bag.
    I've always wondered what does "pov" mean I assume it means personal off-duty vehicle but i could be wrong

  7. #7
    Professional
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Emergency Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by jpk226 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krypton2 View Post
    I have an emergency bag in my POV...it's bright yellow, but not intentionally - it was just the closest bag I had handy when I made the bag.
    I've always wondered what does "pov" mean I assume it means personal off-duty vehicle but i could be wrong
    privately/personally owned vehicle.

  8. #8
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Emergency Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by krypton2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk226 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krypton2 View Post
    I have an emergency bag in my POV...it's bright yellow, but not intentionally - it was just the closest bag I had handy when I made the bag.
    I've always wondered what does "pov" mean I assume it means personal off-duty vehicle but i could be wrong
    privately/personally owned vehicle.
    Oh ok thanks

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Emergency Cobra purchase
    By Cooluser23 in forum Cobra
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
  2. Emergency vehicle approaching !!
    By dj_taranu in forum Other Countermeasures
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 06:07 PM
  3. Emergency Vehicle Approaching!
    By Daz in forum Cobra
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 04:38 PM
  4. Best one to warn you of emergency vehicles
    By Falkon in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 03:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •