Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Waze-New Version out

I just received a new version of waze that has built in voice command, Gas station display as well as several other enhancements. Anyone see this yet. I this is in the wrong section feel free to move.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Waze-New Version out

Is it just for you phone or can I get it on my German?

Newcomer

Just got my update a few hours ago. I'm super excited as I am journeying 150 miles to the jersey shore tomorrow for the heatwave!

Radar Fanatic

Awesome! Be Safe.

Radar Fanatic

I use Trapster but seems no one is on it when I traveled most of the east coast in May this year. Waze has one feature that I wish Trapster had, the ability to input description of the police and direction. I don't see traffic jams or need daily navigation. Nor do I need candy treats.

The BlackBerry version is a beta and vry limited. It doesn't give audio when your a mile from a one hour old police trap.

Radar Fanatic

Waze is way cool! So many people on it too.

Today the chick driving the Red Bull was out looking at a loose side turn signal marker on the Mini Cooper. I "chit chatted" something about don't break the Red Bull ride. Someone posted it ran out of energy. I said they have a big can on the roof, they repkied maybe it'll fly. Stupid stuff like that and the road candies just pass time.

I got a guy at work that takes a similar route and hooked on Waze his first time.
    Luckily for me he is always 20 minutes ahead of me. So now I have a road sweep.

Newcomer

I signed up and have to agree, Waze has far more users and provides more info than trapster. A feature I find very useful is that you can see where other users are, which gives some peace of mind that if there's one ahead of you and no LEOs are reported, the route is probably (emphasis added) clear. Waze saved me from a serious accident/traffic backup that had happened only minutes before....I got off the highway before teh accident scene, took back roads and was home in no time flat.

Radar Fanatic

I turned a guy at work onto it. He loves it too! Luckily for me he travels the last 15 miles on the same path. So now I have a sweep as he's always ahead of me.

I did get to see the result of an accident that shut down the highway for over an hour. A number of Waze users were caught in it and the chats revealed a car crash, life flight helicopter, and as I made my way around the crash site on the main highway they were chatting that the highway was open again. Since the back up was over 5 miles it was beyter than having a CB.

Though I sometimes make frequent errand stops on the way to work I walk into the store with my phone. Well Waze shows a slowdown with a red colored road. My co-worker asked it was me who left all the slowdowns on the road? Opps! It works great!

Newcomer

Today I was travelling back from a meeting along an interstate, and Waze shows a LEO icon ahead. OK, let's see if this thing works. I get up to the marked location and a hidden NJ trooper blasts me with Ka band. Too bad for him, I was doing 62 in a 65. Waze ROCKS!

Radar Fanatic

Did you get the audible at no more than 550 ft? I miss the one mile range of Trapster along with the unidirectional alert. With Waze if they are sitting in the medium I report the cop twic, once with my direction and the other going away, as he could use radar in either direction if parked perpendicular or laser out of either side window.