Experienced

Default Ready, Camera, Action…

Not sure if this is the best category placement as it crosses over to a specific RD but whatever.

Currently, I’m running the V1 893 w/Savvy and I’m already on the primrose path to adding the STiR+ and laser protection. Anyway, I was wondering just how accurate or full-featured the redlight/traffic camera reporting is with the STiR+ vs. the Cheetah C50. Based on my locale and primary driving destinations, I need more ‘detailed’ camera data than extended Ka alerts. Don’t get me wrong as the StiR+ is still on my primrose path of countermeasures, its just that I have to choose my horses carefully in this thriving economy.

Based solely on what I’ve read, it seems like the C50 with the Trinity 2.0 database is much more detailed or otherwise accurate than the bolt-on camera reporting included with the StiR+ but I’m really not sure. Also, I noticed there is very little talk about deadicated camera devices anymore, so I'm not sure if this is even a viable option. In any event I'd appreciate feedback from those that have used both.
    Last edited by Digital Dude; 08-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Ready, Camera, Action…

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dude View Post
    Not sure if this is the best category placement as it crosses over to a specific RD but whatever.

Currently, I’m running the V1 893 w/Savvy and I’m already on the primrose path to adding the STiR+ and laser protection. Anyway, I was wondering just how accurate or full-featured the redlight/traffic camera reporting is with the STiR+ vs. the Cheetah C50. Based on my locale and primary driving destinations, I need more ‘detailed’ camera data than extended Ka alerts. Don’t get me wrong as the StiR+ is still on my primrose path of countermeasures, its just that I have to choose my horses carefully in this thriving economy.

Based solely on what I’ve read, it seems like the C50 with the Trinity 2.0 database is much more detailed or otherwise accurate than the bolt-on camera reporting included with the StiR+ but I’m really not sure. Also, I noticed there is very little talk about deadicated camera devices anymore, so I'm not sure if this is even a viable option. In any event I'd appreciate feedback from those that have used both.
    I don't have any experience with the Cheetah, but can attest that the STiR + has been very good with its camera functions. I have not yet noticed it miss a camera, and it has pointed out more cameras than I expected. I knew all the cameras around my part of the city, but in driving to other parts of the city, I was blown away at how many are actually in use. So far, no red light or speed on green tickets since I 've had it, although I try not to run too many yellows - due to the obvious safety risks. I DO tend to drive a bit aggressively, and it has done a great job making sure I haven't gotten any speed on green tickets through intersections. It will obviously warn of a typical upcoming red light camera, and will also warn of an upcoming speed camera and if you are exceeding the speed limit, it will tell you that too. I don't get the speed notifications all the time, only on a few select cameras, and that is obviously due to the information about the type of camera (and speed limit) that has been provided to the database. Overall, very happy with it and no complaints from me.

Sounds like you are heading along the same path I took. I started with the STiR + and LIs, then just recently added a new V1 (no Savvy). Pretty deadly combination....just need to add some rear heads (Laser Tamers ??) and I'll be set.

Good luck.