Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Braking?

Experienced

Default Braking?

They use mostly photo radar where I live. Since the Multanova beam can be extremely weak itīs hard to detect early. I want to know, what does braking when hit by the radar beam do? Is the measurement still performed or does laying a new patch of rubber onto the road surface save you?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Braking?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    They use mostly photo radar where I live. Since the Multanova beam can be extremely weak itīs hard to detect early. I want to know, what does braking when hit by the radar beam do? Is the measurement still performed or does laying a new patch of rubber onto the road surface save you?
    Good question. I guess it depends on how fast you are going once u hit the photo-zone. There must be a zone where its measurement is done... even if you can detect the signal earlier... I'd assume if you've slowed down enough by the time you enter this zone you should be fine.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    Good question. I guess it depends on how fast you are going once u hit the photo-zone. There must be a zone where its measurement is done... even if you can detect the signal earlier... I'd assume if you've slowed down enough by the time you enter this zone you should be fine.
    Yeah, I meant detection letīs say 50 meters earlier. Would braking hard at that point save me from a ticket even if I were travelling above the speed limit? Iīm talking about a highway situation, 120+ mph to 60 mph on some sections.

Radar Fanatic

Yeah, I meant detection letīs say 50 meters earlier. Would braking hard at that point save me from a ticket even if I were travelling above the speed limit? Iīm talking about a highway situation, 120+ mph to 60 mph on some sections.
    So essentially you are asking, if you are slowing down rather than going at a constant speed can it measure your speed? ... Good question. Theoretically it should be possible, depends on their methods for measuring and validating a speed. I have no idea...

Experienced

So essentially you are asking, if you are slowing down rather than going at a constant speed can it measure your speed? ... Good question. Theoretically it should be possible, depends on their methods for measuring and validating a speed. I have no idea...
    Yes. Iīm asking if it can measure my speed while Iīm in rapid decceleration.

Advanced Member

In older radar units, rapid changes in speed could cause them to not display a reading. I suspect that with the newer units, this isn't as much of an issue, so I certainly wouldn't rely on it. ]
    But if braking hard is the only option you've got, then go for it, it can't hurt, maybe you'll get lucky...

Radar Fanatic

Does the multanova's beam point away from traffic to clock after you've passed, or towards to clock on your approach?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Does the multanova's beam point away from traffic to clock after you've passed, or towards to clock on your approach?
    It can do both.

jimbonzzz: Thanks for the clarification.

Radar Fanatic

Default gatsos

i have heard that rapid braking when going passed a gatso wont set it off!

wether or not this still works i dont know!!

Experienced

Default Re: gatsos

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    i have heard that rapid braking when going passed a gatso wont set it off!

wether or not this still works i dont know!!
    Damn, I need to get an old, unregistered Yugo and gun it past a speedtrap.