Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PoliScan Speed

Default PoliScan Speed

http://nestor.com/

Check this out

This LaserCamera is made in good old germany. In my town by the way.
    nestor is the us distributor. The original company is VITRONIC

So you guys get some funny stuff overseas now ...

Just something to read :

http://www.vitronic.com/index.htm?/E...ter_2_2005.htm

Good Citizen

Can you imagine the ticket machine this will be.........

Radar Fanatic

when i see those im just gonna go put a mirror across from it poiting to the road so that the beam gets reflected and any anyone with an rd can get an early warning

I know there are already 6 of them in L.A.

Radar Fanatic

or i was would just stand near the van or mount saying LASER SPEED TRAP AHEAD then after id ask for tips..anyone heard that joke?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by http://guysoflidar.com/radar-jokes.html
    A police officer had a perfect hiding place for watching for speeders along a well traveled stretch of highway. The location, at a bend in the road, allowed him to hide his car out of sight of oncoming traffic while setting up his radar to nab any speeders who passed by. He had used this location successfully a number of times, especially on holidays, and decided to use it again one Labor Day weekend. The officer arrived at his hiding place and set himself up, settling down to wait for the first speeders to appear. After a half hour or so the officer hadn't seen anybody speeding. In fact most of the cars that passed him were travelling exactly at the speed limit, and some of the passengers in the passing cars were even smiling and waving at him. He couldn't believe this was happening since his hiding place was so well concealed. Finally, after realizing that virtually all the passing cars knew he was there, the officer decided that something was wrong and went investigate. He got out of his car and walked up the road a short distance. About 100 yards before his hiding place the officer found the problem: a 10 year old boy was standing on the side of the road with a huge hand painted sign which said "RADAR TRAP AHEAD". A little more investigative work led the officer to the boys accomplice, another boy about 100 yards beyond the radar trap with a sign reading "TIPS" and a bucket at his feet full of change.

Radar Fanatic

This has been on the forum before, i'm not sure how the laser is able to read multiple cars, or if the v1 is able to detect scatter at an advanced range...

by the looks i'd say it will scatter extremely easy..

Radar Fanatic

Here are some of the few instances of how to receive an early wanring of latter due to scatter

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by richardboy316
    Quote Originally Posted by http://guysoflidar.com/radar-jokes.html
    r there any other good joke sites like this? (i liked that one very much!)

Banned

As much as I hate speed cameras, I think this system is pretty cool. I like it because it uses laser 8) If it's a system you can jam then it's really not that bad.

This is the letter I wrote to Nester:

Good Morning,

I have a couple questions about your speed enforcement system that I hope you can help me with. Unfortunately your PDF file is not downloading on the website.

1. I understand the laser system scans the road 100 times per second, however what are the limitations of the scan? For example, how far down the road does the laser take readings off of cars? Can the target range be adjusted?
    2. The tracking history of a target vehicle is very important in case law, especially with LIDAR systems. To prevent a possible laser pan error, how many times does your system scan a vehicle before the target vehicle speed is considered a valid speed? For example, is a valid speed reading obtained within the first second, or does your system require a minimum of 2 seconds processing?
    3. Many high end vehicles use laser guided cruise control and/or parking sensors. Will any of these devices cause a false reading or affect the vehicles cruise control?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. A FAQ section on your website would be helpful to improve the efficiency of your responces.

Regards,

Chris *********

------------------

When I get a responce from them I'll post it in this thread. Hopefully we can jam this system.