Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photolaser?

Speed Demon

Default Photolaser?

It seems that MD has picked up on photo laser. As I was sitting at a stoplight wondering why the hell my V1 was going laser crazy I realized that a white box on top of a pole was pointed in my direction. I'm guessing it's a photo laser camera. I wonder how I can tell where it is getting it's speed reading from.

Advanced Member

Stop light camera using laser????? thats expensive...YOu sure it wasn't one of the new LED red lights setting off the V1?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

No, it's not an LED light. I'm guessing if they are using laser it's not for the red light camera, but for a speed camera (it's a good place for a speed camera...top of a hill after a blind corner on a two-lane in each direction 45mph road where each direction is sperated by a 2 lane wide (what a waste of lane space) grass median.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike
    No, it's not an LED light. I'm guessing if they are using laser it's not for the red light camera, but for a speed camera (it's a good place for a speed camera...top of a hill after a blind corner on a two-lane in each direction 45mph road where each direction is sperated by a 2 lane wide (what a waste of lane space) grass median.
    If you have a Sony Handycam with Nightshot you should be able to see it.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Photolaser?

It seems that MD has picked up on photo laser. As I was sitting at a stoplight wondering why the hell my V1 was going laser crazy I realized that a white box on top of a pole was pointed in my direction. I'm guessing it's a photo laser camera. I wonder how I can tell where it is getting it's speed reading from.
    Did you at least get a good warning on it?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by (in)Sanity
    GREAT IDEA!!!!! Marlinspike, do you have a camera with night vision? I would love to see a picture of the source.

PhotoLaser is better then photo radar. YOu can jam laser. Laser Technology has photo laser, but they haven't implimented it into the USA for some reason.

http://www.lasertech.com/trafficenfldi.html

Speed Demon

No, I don't have a camera with night vision (but I wonder if I buy some IR film if it will have the same effect). I don't get a consistent warning of it, but if I'm in the outside lane I get a warning once I come around the bend (which I'm guessing is where it gets people).

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by (in)Sanity
    GREAT IDEA!!!!! Marlinspike, do you have a camera with night vision? I would love to see a picture of the source.

PhotoLaser is better then photo radar. YOu can jam laser. Laser Technology has photo laser, but they haven't implimented it into the USA for some reason.

http://www.lasertech.com/trafficenfldi.html
    I hear if it is jammed it will take a pic of your license plate, then when they see that you have jammed 10 or so photolasers, they will stop you and see if you have a jammer

Speed Demon

So what if I do? Jammer's are legal here in Maryland.

Scratonicity Groupie

I have spotted a very similar device in BelAir, MD. Sets my V1 & Blinder off. This one is erratic but it seems when the light goes yellow it turns on.

I have a sony camera with night vision so next time i'm there i'll see if I cant get a video of the beam.

staton