Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traffic Light Photography

I live in Little Rock Arkansas and there are camera on about 1/4 of the lights in the city now. Anytime they put up a new one atleast. There have been some there for probably 2 or 3 years. I've run red lights like at 3:30 in the morning before if the sensor doesnt seem to be working but I've run others during the day sometimes and I've seen plenty of people do it.

Are they just not turned on?
    if they are why haven't I gotten a ticket?
    Do they take pictures or video?

the camera have some kind of white shade cover thing and stand up about 3 feet above the pole I'd think. Anyways are they worth worrying about in the future? Can you not say I had an emergency kind of thing and bring them a doctors note if you're lucky enough to have a dad for a doctor?

Experienced

I beleive some of the camera cases don't actually have cameras in them, they sound similar to the cameras we have here. They move the cameras around from intersection to intersection, and not all of the boxes are actually 'armed' all the time.

Radar Fanatic

I'd bet a good number of them in any area are just empty boxes there for the purpose of making people think twice about running the light.

Lead Foot

Some intersections only have cameras set up to take pictures in one direction only. I will give you a hint by saying it is usually the direction without any warning signs if they are present at all. A can of black spray paint used correctly by someone could be put to good use by someone. Not that I would recommend doing that though. :twisted:

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    Some intersections only have cameras set up to take pictures in one direction only. I will give you a hint by saying it is usually the direction without any warning signs if they are present at all. A can of black spray paint used correctly by someone could be put to good use by someone. Not that I would recommend doing that though. :twisted:
    In one of the videos on Roy's site, he is being interviewed on a news show, the show pictures of some of the city's redlight cameras with bullet holes in them.

Professional

At least here, there are only about 20% real cameras inside those photo radar / red light boxes.

They shift them around, probably every week or two, just to keep us on our toes.

And, since the radar detector companies seem to ignore photo radar threat by pretending it doesn't exist (well, maybe except for the older Bel units like the 990i and possibly the new EUR V1), there isn't much we can do about it.

I am suprised, with more and more photo radar and similar systems coming up, that the radar detector companies are not putting a lot more R&D and effort into detecting it.

Yoda of Radar

I'm guessing because of Spectre and also the GPS capability. In the UK the GPS systems are utterly amazing. The free ones are pretty good, but the pay-service ones are great, you can program it to alert you whenever you want, one mile, five miles, eight feet, whatever... good stuff!

Professional

Default Re: Traffic Light Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Frailty
    I live in Little Rock Arkansas and there are camera on about 1/4 of the lights in the city now. Anytime they put up a new one atleast. There have been some there for probably 2 or 3 years. I've run red lights like at 3:30 in the morning before if the sensor doesnt seem to be working but I've run others during the day sometimes and I've seen plenty of people do it.

Are they just not turned on?
    if they are why haven't I gotten a ticket?
    Do they take pictures or video?

the camera have some kind of white shade cover thing and stand up about 3 feet above the pole I'd think. Anyways are they worth worrying about in the future? Can you not say I had an emergency kind of thing and bring them a doctors note if you're lucky enough to have a dad for a doctor?
    those are the very same cameras they use down here in tulsa,ok they are all over around here does anyone know what they use them for maybe RADARROY can help?. they have to use them for something
    they are not put there for looks or to scare folks to think they are working. they work but how do they work i also seen lots of them around dallas area to what plate cover would work best for these cameras
    would the superprotector be useful for this or no?anyone please

ok I found out a little more info on them. Little Rock at this time has VERY FEW working camera's. The cops are smart though some of the "camera's" in fact most are only motion sensor Cameras. They have the things on the ground to change the light but apparently these help it too. However there are still some active camera's is what I was told just very few. If it becomes a problem I Will get a license plate cover but why aren't those illegal?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Frailty
    ok I found out a little more info on them. Little Rock at this time has VERY FEW working camera's. The cops are smart though some of the "camera's" in fact most are only motion sensor Cameras. They have the things on the ground to change the light but apparently these help it too. However there are still some active camera's is what I was told just very few. If it becomes a problem I Will get a license plate cover but why aren't those illegal?
    but what plate cover would work? for these cameras do you think the superprotector plate cover that radarbusters.com sale would wrok