Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scratonicity Groupie

Default Gatso = Crazy!!!!

after doing some reading from forum members I have decided to be more observant while traveling the world. On this trip while in Kuwait I noticed that about every 3 miles there was a sign that said camera ahead. This baffled me. We also hit Germany Franfurt area but I did not see nearly as many signs telling us they where ahead. actually i only saw one.

And while I have been in Spain I have found none so far. Covering the Sevilla area, down to Gebralter.

I think Kuwait freaked me out the most that was just nuts.

On my next mission out i'm gonna try and bring the V1, put it in Euro mode and see how it does.

--staton

Lead Foot

Try Holland

Lead Foot

Btw way, where you see the T of Amsterdam, that's where I live;-)

Scratonicity Groupie

wow, that is crazy! i mean what happens if you get a ticket from one? Is it just you pay money but no points?

btw - I just started using skype and I love it

Lead Foot

We have about 1700 fixed camera sites and about 250 mobile radar cars (mobile but not driving)

Lead Foot

Ticdkets depend. They changed the law around here, saying that tickets of upt to 30 km/h to fast is a administrative sanction, controlled by govermental law. That law dexcribes that you have the right to appeal for instance at the city, country, or any other govermental decision like permission to build a house, or cut a tree. This law says that you are guilty until you can prove that you are not guilty. Tickets are done on your licenseplates. It doesn't matter who drove. The registered owner will have to pay and no points.

Above 30 km/h it because a misdemeaner?, or offence. The DA will send you a settlement proposition most of the time. If you really went to fast you have to go to court.
    If you faster then 30 km/h again within 2 years it is straight to court.

Going faster then 50 and being pulled over means losing your license for at least 10 days immidiatly or, if you have a history, until the court decides.

Ticket info is however not passed on to your insurrance company

Experienced

Going 50 km/h too fast in urban areas here means automatic revocation of your driversī license. The bastards have really cracked down on speed, while headlight, cell phone, turn signal and rear view mirror offences are tolerated, hence an unchanged death rate...

Btw, Iīm in the lower right corner of that pic, in Ljubljana.

Good Citizen

How come the voters support such a nazi techniques on the roads of the Netherlands?

Lead Foot

Because 50 to fast is usually to fast, however they are dropping more and more the speedlimit making it for more people more likely to go that 50 km to fast.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Flitsservice.nl
    Because 50 to fast is usually to fast, however they are dropping more and more the speedlimit making it for more people more likely to go that 50 km to fast.
    It really depends where you go 50 over the limit. For example, here we have a road classified as "in-city", which has 3-meter high fences on both sides, is reserved for motor vehicles only and has two lanes in each direction, seperated by a grassy knoll (sorry, no snipers) and/or dividing rail. The speed limit has been conveniently set to 70 km/h. If I get caught doing 120 at night when thereīs absolutely no traffic and no danger (itīs illuminated like the damn London Bridge) I lose my license. Of course I then have to go through driving school all over again since Iīm unfit to drive in traffic (although I must admit, I am unfit in a way - driving among a bunch of incompetent morons does take a special kind of skill I guess...). Thatīs exactly why I use both a jammer and a detector.