Newcomer

Default NY--Use of license plate sprays to be banned

New Law Bans Use Of Sprays To Shield License Plates From Police Cameras

July 10, 2005

Governor George Pataki has signed a new law that will ban scofflaws' attempts to avoid getting traffic tickets by obscuring their license plates.

The measure prohibits drivers from using sprays or synthetic materials to shield their license plates from detection by infrared cameras.

Some drivers have been trying to thwart the law by coating their license plates with a clear, glossy spray that reflects the infrared beams of police cameras used to photograph speeders and toll violators.

The new law, which is also being hailed as an anti-terrorism measure, will also require drivers to keep their plates clean enough to read.

The measure is scheduled to go into effect in November.

From NY1 News
    http://ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=52039

**I take this new law to mean that the plate sprays are effective against the cameras in NY. Question-how will the powers that be know if the plates are sprayed or not? Seeing that the law goes into effect in November, what about people who have their plates sprayed already? Would they be expected to somehow take the spray off their plates? I would assume that this applies to Veil also?**

Banned

Get the VF-1 and don't worry about the cameras that use a flash.

http://www.radarbusters.com/products/photo-radar/vf.asp

This device won't protect you against photo enforcement cameras that don't use a flash on a sunny day.

JTW

Yoda of Radar

Anti-terrorist?

Newcomer

Sure....don't you know that terrorists run red lights, and do other things to draw attention to themselves?

Professional

haven't you noticed if lawmakers use the words anti terrorists or use any term to "defeat terrorism" in any bill it is a easy way to make another stupid law to take our rights away?

Just another way that our rights our slipping away under our noses.

Funny thing is most people do not realize the winners in all of this is the terrorists, they managed to take our rights faster than anyone in history has ever done in the past.

Experienced

Gotta love Bush and his right-winger crew when it comes to civil rights...

Radar Fanatic

you think bush is bad........ you should try over here....... tony blair is the worse!

and the whole parliment and local and government councils!
    the police, courts, the daft campaigners!

you never see them campaigning for better health care, only to stand and block a road off shouting we want speed cameras and 30mph speed limit!

accident blackspot, etc!! its a farse there is always some daft thing in the local paper about drivers are speeding passed my pub etc and they want speed cameras and traffic calming!

funny how they all claim cars are doing 100mph passed their pubs or houses, villages etc!

all nonsense its just attention seekers, who are jumping on the cameras and low speed limits bandwagon!

there is only so slow you can ddrive and there is only so many tickets they can give out before someone says take the cameras down!

at this rate this is fast approaching!

Good Citizen

Default Re: NY--Use of license plate sprays to be banned

Quote Originally Posted by DWFan
    The new law, which is also being hailed as an anti-terrorism measure, will also require drivers to keep their plates clean enough to read.
    OMG ... photo radar is now being sold to the people as anti-terrorism? You've GOT to be kidding me.

At least they could be honest ... tell people it's to make money, and if they allow it it will avoid a tax increase. Be honest but don't insult my intelligence by trying to convince me that photo radar is supposed to fight the war on terror.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    you think bush is bad........ you should try over here....... tony blair is the worse!

and the whole parliment and local and government councils!
    the police, courts, the daft campaigners!

you never see them campaigning for better health care, only to stand and block a road off shouting we want speed cameras and 30mph speed limit!

accident blackspot, etc!! its a farse there is always some daft thing in the local paper about drivers are speeding passed my pub etc and they want speed cameras and traffic calming!

funny how they all claim cars are doing 100mph passed their pubs or houses, villages etc!

all nonsense its just attention seekers, who are jumping on the cameras and low speed limits bandwagon!

there is only so slow you can ddrive and there is only so many tickets they can give out before someone says take the cameras down!

at this rate this is fast approaching!
    Exactly. If it were to me, I´d strip most of the population of their drivers´ licenses and teach them to drive properly...