View Poll Results: Was this article helpful or informative?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 96.00%
  • No

1 4.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Speed Demon

Default Re: What you should know about automated photo enforcement.

Here is a clip of Ted Nugent on gun control. For some reason I don't think he would support red light cameras either. Wish we had some common sense politicians that shared his point of view. Slowly but surely we are losing more and more rights. Pretty soon we will be under 24/7 surveillance like in the UK.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nurM0mY9N10]YouTube - ted nugent on gun control[/ame]

From an australian perspective.

I happen to be against speed cameras for the reason that I dont think they really effect the road toll in any significant way.

However, there doesnt exist a place in this country where i would be scared to walk the streets on my own, my chance of been shot and killed is so close to nil it bears no comparison, and my chances of been killed by a drunk driver are less than half than if I was a citizen of your fair country.

While many times, i think i'd love a lot of your freedoms that seem endemic to your law, they do come at a cost to you. the road toll in the US per million miles for the quality of your roads is quite appalling - and the best thing to combat that would be some form of random alcohol checks as they are performed elsewhere on this globe of ours.

The article seems quite parochial, and seems to assume the rest of the world is somehow inferior. largely they (ROTW) just value the greater societal good differently.

good luck with the speed camera thing though.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by pharmaboy View Post
    From an australian perspective...

The article seems quite parochial, and seems to assume the rest of the world is somehow inferior. largely they (ROTW) just value the greater societal good differently.

good luck with the speed camera thing though.
    I think it is difficult to argue that USA is not the greatest nation on Earth despite many of its faults. It was not by accident that in such a short amount of time in historic terms that USA surpassed Europe and the rest of the nations that had been established hundreds of years earlier. Yeah, we look at things differently, and I think that it what leaped us to the top so fast and so much further than the rest of the world. As we try to emulate and become more like the rest, we begin our decline.

I'm not saying the rest of the world is inferior, but I have traveled and lived in many countries and always looked forward to returning to USA.

PS - if you happen to drive by this address, throw a brick through the window for me:

Redflex Holdings Limited
    31 Market Street, South Melbourne.
    Victoria. Australia 3205
    Last edited by 904nm; 02-23-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 904nm View Post

I think it is difficult to argue that USA is not the greatest nation on Earth despite many of its faults. It was not by accident that in such a short amount of time in historic terms that USA surpassed Europe and the rest of the nations that had been established hundreds of years earlier. Yeah, we look at things differently, and I think that it what leaped us to the top so fast and so much further than the rest of the world. As we try to emulate and become more like the rest, we begin our decline.

I'm not saying the rest of the world is inferior, but I have traveled and lived in many countries and always looked forward to returning to USA.

PS - if you happen to drive by this address, throw a brick through the window for me:

Redflex Holdings Limited
    31 Market Street, South Melbourne.
    Victoria. Australia 3205
    hi - i think its very easy to argue, from someone else's perspective at least. Pretty much everyone who is westernised looks forward to getting home when overseas - thats the nature of home.

the issues and complexities of what has modelled the world over the last hundred years dont really lend themselves to short tit for tat debate. Various freedoms obviously must come at some cost - the trick is to get the balance right - and that balance depends on a point of view, neither wrong nor right.

I feel over regulated and over taxed, but if I was in the bottom 25% income I would definately prefer to live in a country that provides wide income support and free good quality medical - the country doesnt change, just the relative point of view.

BTW, if you happen to be driving past this place, can you put a brick through the window:

Microsoft corporation
    1 Microsoft way
    redmond, WA.

;D

Speed Demon

[quote=pharmaboy;680091]
    Quote Originally Posted by 904nm View Post

BTW, if you happen to be driving past this place, can you put a brick through the window:

Microsoft corporation
    1 Microsoft way
    redmond, WA.

;D

Deal!!! LOL. I dumped M$ for Apple 2 years ago and could not be happier. I am no longer plagued by having a second job as part time tech support for my wife and kids.

Yes, that balance in society is hard to find. The gap between the rich and poor widens as the middle class shrinks. But it seems as we move more to the left the problems only get worse. I have no trust in the right or the left to do the right thing. Ron Paul anyone?