Default License Plate Spray Questions

Hi guys,

Im a n00b when it comes to this stuff. I just starting to get into the radar detectors...so naturally, i have questions about red light cameras.

First off, i bought this spray and put it on my rear plate (i dont have a front plate):

Photo Stopper
    http://www.radarbusters.com/products...Photo-Stop.asp

There are TONS of redlight camera's in the Sacramento area (around where i live)....especially in the newer areas. So here's my first question: Does this stuff work on ALL cameras? Or only the older ones....Does it work during the day if the flash is off? I am worried about these brand new cameras bypassing the spray i put on...i heard (unreliable source) that there is a new flash/picture method in newer cameras in which the spray does not affect it?

Secondly, i just picked up a Cobra xrs 9700 radar detector (i know, its not the best), but i am not picking up these cameras at all. Should i be? If not, does that mean that they are not measuring speed? Is that even legal in california?

Sorry for so many questions, but as i said, i ma new at this stuff.

Thanks for any help,

Ryan

Advanced Member

Default Re: License Plate Spray Questions

Sorry, no posting links for vendors other than radarbusters.com.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlookin1
    Secondly, i just picked up a Cobra xrs 9700 radar detector (i know, its not the best), but i am not picking up these cameras at all. Should i be? If not, does that mean that they are not measuring speed? Is that even legal in california?
    Many red light cameras are activated by sensors embedded in the pavement, so in those cases there is nothing to detect.

Jim

Good Citizen

Default Re: License Plate Spray Questions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Many red light cameras are activated by sensors embedded in the pavement, so in those cases there is nothing to detect.
    That's increasingly the case here... I got flashed by one the other day that was well concealed.

One tip is to stay in the left lane, at least if they put them off to the right side of the road in mobile vans like they do here.

Radar Fanatic

there may be some luck, gatsometer have invented a radar for the operation of red light cameras. I dont know what band it operates on but i guess its k band!

but for now the red light cameras operate on loops under the tarmac like jim said!

roy said the sprays work 70% of the time, the more people use them the manufacturers will develope better high res digital cameras to enhance your plate. technicly this is illegal as they are tampering with evidence and if most are digital it shouldnt be long before lawyers are asking the courts to throw it out as inadmissible evidence!

all part of the cat and mouse game of the industry!