Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54
  1. #11
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,676

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    apologize for stupid questions but I understand a red light cam as just giving you a ticket in the mail for running a red light right? If so, why do people want to know the location of red light cams? i never run red lights too dangerous!!

  2. #12
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    apologize for stupid questions but I understand a red light cam as just giving you a ticket in the mail for running a red light right? If so, why do people want to know the location of red light cams? i never run red lights too dangerous!!
    Red Light cameras are put at locations where there have been alot of accidents because of other red light runners so Its nice to be extra careful around those intersections. There isn't any intent to run the red light just make sure you aren't the one hit by a red light runner

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  3. #13
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bert View Post
    Come down to florida and try that.
    I would as State Law trumps all town and county law. There is a strong court case to get your ticket thrown out. Traffic offenses are civil offense and any court would agree to that

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  4. #14
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    glendale AZ
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    az has speed on green in some places like chandler and mesa (red light cameras used for speeding on green lights)

  5. #15
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    Red Light cameras are put at locations where there have been alot of accidents because of other red light runners so Its nice to be extra careful around those intersections. There isn't any intent to run the red light just make sure you aren't the one hit by a red light runner
    Also the big 3 companies encourage the local governments to illegally lower the yellow timed signal below the 3 second minimum to increase revenue, this means a yellow runner may end up w/ redlight fine.

  6. #16
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cleveland/Shaker Heights, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    7,732

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    Ohio -

    Red Light cameras.
    Speed-on-Green cameras
    Fixed Speed cameras


    cVr, this is only for NE-Ohio....I am not sure if mobile units are now used in other areas. I seem to recall one such news update from our resident newshound brother, StlouisX50.

    Edit -

    Found citation:

    OH - Warren council revisits proposal for cameras to catch speeders

    Note that it was a proposal, which, at the time, did not pass, but is now being revisited.
    Last edited by TSi+WRX; 12-10-2008 at 09:22 AM.

  7. #17
    Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK & USA
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    Good thread Rob.

    Oh boy, there is lot I can add to this thread

    Let me have a think about it and I'll come back shortly.

    In the meantime, there is also the State guide for the USA to take a look at on the SpeedCheetah.com website.

    USA State by State Guide

    Some the US States need updating, but most of it is still correct. Mississippi, Montana and New Jersey need updating for Photo Radar cameras, and Indiana is going to fall to the photo enforcement vendors next Spring.


    Also, if anyone is interested, other regions in the world can be accessed here:

    UK - County by County Guide

    Europe - Country by Country

    Australia & NZ
    - State by State

    All these guides were intended to be an impartial guide to what type of products you needed to be using in each area.

  8. #18
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    Quote Originally Posted by allyoops View Post
    Good thread Rob.

    Oh boy, there is lot I can add to this thread

    Let me have a think about it and I'll come back shortly.

    In the meantime, there is also the State guide for the USA to take a look at on the SpeedCheetah.com website.

    USA State by State Guide

    Some the US States need updating, but most of it is still correct. Mississippi, Montana and New Jersey need updating for Photo Radar cameras, and Indiana is going to fall to the photo enforcement vendors next Spring.


    Also, if anyone is interested, other regions in the world can be accessed here:

    UK - County by County Guide

    Europe - Country by Country

    Australia & NZ
    - State by State

    All these guides were intended to be an impartial guide to what type of products you needed to be using in each area.
    I was looking for a website like that but couldn't fine it so I made a post to hopefully come up with a list unfortunately your site just say photo enforced. I liked to know the type of camera you would encounter. thanks alot for the link
    Last edited by crazyVOLVOrob; 12-10-2008 at 09:11 PM.

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  9. #19
    Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK & USA
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    CVR,

    I'm going to post up a list of towns in each state that either have red light cameras, or are currently negotiating with Camera Vendors to instal them.

    You'll have a lot of editing to do in your original post so to save you some hassle I'll put everything from your OP into y next post to so you can just lift the lot.

  10. #20
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default Re: Which states use Photo Enforcement and what forms?

    Quote Originally Posted by allyoops View Post
    CVR,

    I'm going to post up a list of towns in each state that either have red light cameras, or are currently negotiating with Camera Vendors to instal them.

    You'll have a lot of editing to do in your original post so to save you some hassle I'll put everything from your OP into y next post to so you can just lift the lot.
    Well I'll do the editing after my exams but I'll get around to it. Thank you so much for the help and the input Al!

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM
  2. What states use photo radar
    By gtpjonny in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM
  3. List of States Speed Enforcement Laws
    By Scorch in forum Local & Regional Info
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 09:48 PM
  4. List of States using Photo radar?
    By shinedog in forum Photo Enforcement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 11:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •