Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toll Booths?

Default Re: Toll Booths?

Pay your tolls. It's one thing to try to avoid speed cameras and red light cameras and the like. The reason why the road is there is because of toll money. If everybody where to do that. The toll road wouldn't be there. Don't be cheap in that fashion. I could see maybe every once in a while for fun. But making a habit out of that is really bad.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by whistlerfan View Post
    Pay your tolls. It's one thing to try to avoid speed cameras and red light cameras and the like. The reason why the road is there is because of toll money. If everybody where to do that. The toll road wouldn't be there. Don't be cheap in that fashion. I could see maybe every once in a while for fun. But making a habit out of that is really bad.

Screw that, I-35 in Kansas is a toll-road, that highway was built on FEDERAL HIGHWAY DOLLARS, I already PAID *MY* Toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post

Screw that, I-35 in Kansas is a toll-road, that highway was built on FEDERAL HIGHWAY DOLLARS, I already PAID *MY* Toll.

Apparently according to wiki the Kansas turnpike is self-sustaining, deriving its entire revenue from the tolls collected and requiring no tax money for maintenance or administration. It was also built before the interstate system.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post

Apparently according to wiki the Kansas turnpike is self-sustaining, deriving its entire revenue from the tolls collected and requiring no tax money for maintenance or administration. It was also built before the interstate system.
    Pfft whatever all I know is there whacky K-35 or whatever they want to call it screwed me b/c I stopped for gas in their little island and couldn't find an exit so I ended up exiting in the opposite direction and having to pay a toll to do a U-turn and then pay another toll to get out of Kansas

Yeah something like that would be ok to cheat. But I'm talking about using the toll knowing you are going the correct way.

But cheating a toll day in and day out for 10 years is kinda wrong. Thats the kinda of intentions I'm talking about not cheating here and there.

While not all of this is true but in most cases most toll roads are better and smoother and sometimes will save you allot of time. Like I said not all the times but quite a few are like that. I just wish they would create hyper toll lanes. Where you pay a small fee and you can go 90 or 100mph without the fear of a cop pulling you over.