Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default How to beat speed cameras

According to Top Gear, drive faster than 170MPH.

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1043.html

Lead Foot

No need to do 170mph, about 155mph+ (250Km/h+) will do for that GATSO camera, or the Multanova photoradars... but you can never be too carefull.

Yoda of Radar

I like it how your fuel gauge needle is fuzzy since it is going down so quickly

Lead Foot

Its actually a frame still from a video I recorded recently but havent finished yet.

Here is the video with the previous car I had, you will like it if you are into cars/bikes:
    Click "Save as..."

Cheers

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos from Spain

Its actually a frame still from a video I recorded recently but havent finished yet.

Here is the video with the previous car I had, you will like it if you are into cars/bikes:
    Click "Save as..."

Cheers
    Well I would not tell the difference, in your previous car you had the dials pegged as well :shock: I have to say in that part you made a blind pass of two trucks around a curve, I realize that I even saw the "all clear" to pass but dam the second truck at that time the "all clear" expired and that was pure risk. Watch out and be carefull, obviously you are a very skilled driver but you don't want to become a statistic. :wink: Talk about smooth ride, I can just about get a sense of how smooth that car is at top speed, just watching that video, thanks for the show!

Lead Foot

I guess it may look dangerous in the video, but it was OK, there was good visibility of the 2nd truck too from the cockpit, but maybe not from the camera view as you mention. In Europe drivers (especially trucks) stick to the right lane on the highway for the most part and leave the left for overtaking only. Actually, I never hand an accident on a public road in motorbike nor car, and I have been driving both since my pre-teens. OTOH, maybe I've just been lucky

The car is very smooth at high speeds, thats an area were this car particularly shines, and that was the 911 type 996, the new one is the type 997 and its even better, frankly amazing, such a sophisticated piece of engineering: brakes, handling, steering, transmission, power delivery, controlability, etc. the whole package.

Glad you liked the video

Professional

Carlos that is truely an awesome amazing video. IT was done so professionally and u took the turns on the mountains really well. Seems u enjoy mountain driving even more than i do! Then on the highways u took it up to 300 on ur porche, very nice!

makes my videos with nvr2fast look liek such amateur work

Professional

maybe amoney thought that it was a 2-way road, but it is not, so therefore it wasn't such a dangerous maneuver.

Lead Foot

Thank you Dilip for the kind words

I love mountain driving too. Its fun on the weekends, and during the week I have fun during the commute in the highways :wink: I am really priviledged in that sense because the roads we have here are pretty good, and the traffic allows for sporty driving since its not cogested like other areas.

I was in Orlando last year in vacation and I almost went bonkers :? all roads are flat and staright, no curves just 90 intersections. Traffic all over the place but worst of all is that everybody is driving at the same speed like a herd and ocuppying all the lanes! eating while driving, talking on the mobile phone, etc everything but paying attention to the road... incredible :roll:

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip
    maybe amoney thought that it was a 2-way road, but it is not, so therefore it wasn't such a dangerous maneuver.
    MY BAD!

Yes that is what I thought, well that changes everything.

Oh and Carlos, so sorry that you had to be in that mess in Orlando, people have no clue how to drive. Then again to get a drivers licence is a joke. :roll: