View Poll Results: Am I screwed?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bend over...

24 58.54%
  • You probably will not get a ticket in the mail.

17 41.46%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Am I screwed? Watch video. Take my poll.

I stopped right on the curb line (but past the cross walk) just as the flash went off. Should I brace myself to cough up $500 plus traffic school fees, or will I likely not get a ticket because I stopped? This was in Moreno Valley area, Riverside County, CA.

Video clip:

[ame=http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/904nm/?action=view&current=RedLightCam.flv][/ame]

I have a little Pentax Optio W10 camera I run on my dash most of the time... I forgot to set the focus to infinity that day so video is a little fuzzy but okay.
    Last edited by 904nm; 02-23-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Am I screwed? Watch video. Take my poll.

i highly doubt they will give u a ticket since theoretically you didn't run it. if you do, just hire a lawyer and itll get dropped with the quickness, there are cases upon cases nation wide about the red light cameras. and u actually didnt go through the intersection, AND u have video.

and why $500? is it that much there? here in FL first time is $100, also no points.

Speed Demon

I don't know if in CA you are considered guilty if you don't stop behind the cross walk or the curb line. That is what has me wondering...

Edit - Here is the CA vehicle code on that. Not good.

21453. (a) A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in subdivision (b).
    Last edited by 904nm; 02-23-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Speed Demon

Found this web site and it has a lot of good info on fighting California red light cam tickets:

Home - Fighting Red Light Camera Tickets

Radar Fanatic

$500 Geez somebody is hurt'n on the money.

Radar Fanatic

You might get a ticket in the mail, but I think it would be easy to fight since you really didn't run the light.

RadarBusters Associate

Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    You might get a ticket in the mail, but I think it would be easy to fight since you really didn't run the light.
    x2

Power User

The light was red when you crossed the first line of the crosswalk (which is technically the moment you entered the intersection). So you are guilty of entering the intersection after the light turned red, as well as not coming to a complete stop at the correct spot prior to making your turn.

I'm thinking there's no way in hell they won't send you a moneygram.

Speed Demon

I read that they shoot like 12 seconds of video in addition to the photos. Hoping the person reviewing it notices I made a complete stop. I read that they make a fortune at these lights with people rolling slowly through the red to make right turns. &^*%'n money making scam. It is all about making cash so I am concerned with the VC saying that you have to stop before the cross walk. I was about 0.2 seconds from the cross walk when it went red. Guess I have about another week to see if they send me a coupon to help bail California out of their money crisis...

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post
    The light was red when you crossed the first line of the crosswalk (which is technically the moment you entered the intersection). So you are guilty of entering the intersection after the light turned red, as well as not coming to a complete stop at the correct spot prior to making your turn.

I'm thinking there's no way in hell they won't send you a moneygram.
    x2 that was too far into the intersection to be able to fight getting a ticket.. and its true they would probably send you a ticket with a few seconds of video of you FN up from the sky above should be posted on the ticket.. either way this happened to me .. and if you do get a ticket in the mail is because there are people that review each camera case for like say .. i couldnt come to a complete stop till after the crosswalk cause it was raining and my tires locked or something like that.. discretion is used in these cases so if you get a ticket in the mail you most probably have to pay up