Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default SpectureGuard anti-photo cover $39.95

Anyone know if this product really works? It is suppose to be the all in one protection against regular, overhead and high cameras to protect your license number.

Old Timer

If you are refering to the one Roy sells, he only sells stuff that works.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: SpectureGuard anti-photo cover $39.95

Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    Anyone know if this product really works? It is suppose to be the all in one protection against regular, overhead and high cameras to protect your license number.
    I got one from Roy (he calls it SuperProtector). It works well, however depending on the location of the speed/redlight cam, It may not help you. You have to be standing at a pretty big angle before it obscures the numbers. But its better than no protection.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    I got one from Roy (he calls it SuperProtector). It works well, however depending on the location of the speed/redlight cam, It may not help you. You have to be standing at a pretty big angle before it obscures the numbers. But its better than no protection.
    This is the Super SpectureGuard so it is suppose to protect from all angles.

Radar Fanatic

I don't know if you've ever seen a sheet magnifyer. The way the work is they are sheets of plastic with special ridges that bend light to magnify an image. They use a frensel lens concept. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_lens

The Superprotector essentially uses this same technology. Now what it does is it has two sides... on the left side of the cover for example, the frensel lens is oriented so that it obscures the plate when looked at from a high angle. On the right side of the protector, the frensel lens is rotated 90% and thus obscures the images from if viewed from a sideways type angle.

So theoretically, half your plate should always be obscured from the speed camera.

Now on my installation, I found that you have to be at a pretty good angle before it actually starts to work. Depending on where the camera is installed, it may or may not work.

I bought one superprotector from Roy and one cheapie protecter from ebay. Roy's is much better and harder to notice. However Roy's is very expensive. For the price, you really should be getting two of em.

Someone had posted video of his superprotector... I don't have the link though

Lead Foot

I don't know if you've ever seen a sheet magnifyer. The way the work is they are sheets of plastic with special ridges that bend light to magnify an image. They use a frensel lens concept. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_lens

The Superprotector essentially uses this same technology. Now what it does is it has two sides... on the left side of the cover for example, the frensel lens is oriented so that it obscures the plate when looked at from a high angle. On the right side of the protector, the frensel lens is rotated 90% and thus obscures the images from if viewed from a sideways type angle.

So theoretically, half your plate should always be obscured from the speed camera.

Now on my installation, I found that you have to be at a pretty good angle before it actually starts to work. Depending on where the camera is installed, it may or may not work.

I bought one superprotector from Roy and one cheapie protecter from ebay. Roy's is much better and harder to notice. However Roy's is very expensive. For the price, you really should be getting two of em.

Someone had posted video of his superprotector... I don't have the link though
    The one to get is the one that isn't noticeable since you aren't suppose to cover your plates. Of course it better work too ...don't forget there are traffic cams also.

Lead Foot

Default SpectureGuard anti-photo cover $39.95

What a joke this is. This product is so noticeble that it covers your license plate to the naked eye. Anyone behind you cannot see your license number. It is so apparent you are concealing your plate that you will get a ticket faster than any photo camera. SpectureGuard also known as TelestarOne makes a fraudulant claim that your license is very viewable from behind well don't make the mistake of buying one and finding out because they have no return policy and you will definitely end up with a ticket you cannot get out of. They are a racket operating out of a P.O. Box in Hermossa, Florida. :roll:

Professional

Okok... but lets see some pix... without pix, nothing to talk about.

Advanced Member

Alex Roy uses the "Super Specterguard Plate Covers" on his BMW....here are some pics:

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Lead Foot

So where do you get this plate Superprotector that really works and what is the cost?
    If it is a duplicate of SpecterGuard I don't want it. It's junk.