Radar Fanatic

Default ran a red light today in manhatten...

i ran a red light today on 96st in manhatten, i was going downhill and blah blah blah.
    anyway to make a long story short i saw 2 series of flashes as i went through the red light. does that automatically mean i'm nailed and i should be expecting a ticket in the mail? can i fight it if i do recieve one?
    tia, tq ops:

Lead Foot

Hey, I can't be certain if it's the same where you are, but I know for a fact that in DC, and VA (when they had them) they always took a lot more pictures than needed. Not every one gets a ticket. They normally are reviewed by a person and they make a decision. Hope it works out for you.

Radar Fanatic

Up here in Toronto, the red-light camera starts taking pictures as soon as the light turns red and not before that... if the light turns red when you happened to be already in the middle of the interesection (my case couple of times) you are ok, important is NOT to get in the intersection when the light was already red, but on amber, nobody gets a ticket for running an amber light...

I HATE DRIVERS THAT RUN RED LIGHTS :x NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER AND NO JUDGE SHOULD CUT ANY SLACK TO ANYBODY, PERIOD

Professional

You're probably toast, but if you have tinted windows, etc., and they can't make out your face, they might just throw the ticket away.

Of course, Scottsdale has its own way of doing things. If your license plate is caught on photo, they just send the ticket to you, and it's on you to tell them who was really driving your car if they got it wrong. If you can't prove it and provide the name and address of the actual driver, it sticks to your record.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    You're probably toast, but if you have tinted windows, etc., and they can't make out your face, they might just throw the ticket away.

Of course, Scottsdale has its own way of doing things. If your license plate is caught on photo, they just send the ticket to you, and it's on you to tell them who was really driving your car if they got it wrong. If you can't prove it and provide the name and address of the actual driver, it sticks to your record.
    Up here in Ontario (the province regulates these red-light cameras) the ticket is sent to the OWNER of the licence plate regardless of who was the driver at that time...
    In Ontario photo-radar was banned in 1995 due to some privacy issues, something about "taking your picture inside your car"...

Radar Fanatic

update, lets just say i have to pay a small fine for 2 black and white digital photographs of my car running the light i got nailed, now i stop , so i guess it worked...im thinking about a super protector but there are so many cops in nyc i dont think its possible to get away with having it on as it is illegal to have anything covering your plates in ny state. im gonna try the spray from roy to see how that works. maybe at night if i do make a mistake ill have a better chance.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    update, lets just say i have to pay a small fine for 2 black and white digital photographs of my car running the light i got nailed, now i stop , so i guess it worked...im thinking about a super protector but there are so many cops in nyc i dont think its possible to get away with having it on as it is illegal to have anything covering your plates in ny state. im gonna try the spray from roy to see how that works. maybe at night if i do make a mistake ill have a better chance.
    Can you scan your photos and post them (blacking out your plate# of course) I'd like to see what these tickets look like.

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby

I don't understand that at all. That is, pretty much, guilty, prove your innocence. Which seems completely wrong to me. So what is the basis for giving such tickets, if they can't prove you did it?

Professional

Road Warrior wrote:
    I HATE DRIVERS THAT RUN RED LIGHTS :x NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER AND NO JUDGE SHOULD CUT ANY SLACK TO ANYBODY, PERIOD
    x2
    100% Agreed!

Running a solid red light is Bullshyt!!!!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Buz
    Road Warrior wrote:
    x2
    100% Agreed!

Running a solid red light is Bullshyt!!!!
    Wait untill you get a piss ant cop that writes you up for a red light when it was a yellow, not to mention that he was behind traffic perpendicular to me as I crossed the intersection, then he has the audacity to tell me that I was speeding! How the F could he see that! He said he "heard" me. I was not speeding either. It was the worst BS ticket I had experienced. Lawyer got the ticket dismissed/withheld (I forget the terminology) but I still had to pay the fine. Now I rememebr someone asking how that is even possible, I don't care, just wanted that experience to be over. I am glad for some leniency by the judge. F ing copper. Good thing lawyers for traffic court are relatively cheap here. But yes, the A holes that run a full solid red on purpose no less dam it, they are pricks! :x