Power User

Default Red Light Cameras

Here is a local news clip about them going up around me. I have another one some where on my site but this is the most recent one.

http://www.jasonsvideoproductions.co...hervideos3.htm

OUTRUN

Does anyone know what type of camera is this? 8)

Power User

I don't know what kind of camera it is but that is what we have in most of the cities here. My city has something different. Here is the pic.

But, check this out. Every digital camera that has been installed has a video camera next to it. I have not seen this in my city. Well this explains what it does and how the system works.

How do the red light cameras work?
    Each intersection equipped with Automated Red Light Camera equipment will have a series of digital cameras installed near the roadway. These cameras will consist of two digital still cameras and a digital video camera. Utilizing a passive sensor, the system will detect when the signal light changes to red. Using digital video presence cameras the system will trigger when a vehicle enters an intersection after the light changes to red. The first digital still camera will capture two images, scene A and scene B. Scene A will show the vehicle prior to entering the intersection while the light is red, while scene B will show the vehicle in the intersection while the light is red. The photographs will display the time, date, and location of the offense as well as the amount of time the light was red when the image was captured. Also the speed limit of the roadway and the speed of the vehicle at the time of the violation will appear on the photograph. The second digital camera will capture a close-up image of the rear license plate of the vehicle. And finally, the digital video will capture 12 seconds of video, depicting the 6 seconds prior to and the 6 second following the violation. The 3 digital still images will be included when a Notice to Appear is issued. Also, a link to a web page will be noted on the Notice to Appear to allow viewing of the 12 second video.

Power User

Check this video out. Not sure where this is but this is an example of the camera when it shows you a few seconds before and after. Look how many flashes go off.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96781308/K=re...h-1.83sec.mpeg

Professional

outrun

this is exactly what we have here in Hong Kong also, its' all over the place. There is no way to detect them, u just have to look out for it and remember where they are.