Advanced Member

Angry Ticketed in pa for superprotector plate cover.

Was cited in emmaus pa for $128.50 for running a superprotector plate cover. Pa has now amended their plate cover law to state any device attempting to evade red light camera systems is a crime. Punishable by a $100.00 fine plus charges and costs. Driver beware emmaus pa and sulisberry township in and around the Lehigh county area/ state ave area of Allentown have nothing better to do apparently. I guess catching the heroin coming in and out of the town is not of importance in comparison to a plate cover the officer had no hard time reading admittedly at at least thirty feet behind my vehicle at pitch dark. He could still place my reg. Into his computer to look me up, yet still alleged my plate was too distorted to read. Beware sulisberry township has no apparent life and nothing better to do. After pulling off the roadway turning on my dome light putting my hands on top of the wheel in plane view and pulling into a lot ASAP to make it safer for the officer I was not even offered a chance to take off said cover. Or a fix it option. Considering the ease of the fix being two bolts. That is a pretty big ahole move after I was so considerate and thoughtful towards said Leo. He kept mentioning that the prism in the cover was his problem and that that's intentional war on camera cops and you can't do that. Section 3221 b 3 of pa code now considers any device or cover to defeat said camera illegal via pa code. So order your invisiplates now pa drivers before this douchebag gives you a $130.00 fine for a very simple plate cover he or she truly had no personal issue seeing through.

Alpine-

Manufacturer

Default Re: Ticketed in pa for superprotector plate cover.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars_2002795 View Post
    Was cited in emmaus pa for $128.50 for running a superprotector plate cover. Pa has now amended their plate cover law to state any device attempting to evade red light camera systems is a crime. Punishable by a $100.00 fine plus charges and costs. Driver beware emmaus pa and sulisberry township in and around the Lehigh county area/ state ave area of Allentown have nothing better to do apparently. I guess catching the heroin coming in and out of the town is not of importance in comparison to a plate cover the officer had no hard time reading admittedly at at least thirty feet behind my vehicle at pitch dark. He could still place my reg. Into his computer to look me up, yet still alleged my plate was too distorted to read. Beware sulisberry township has no apparent life and nothing better to do. After pulling off the roadway turning on my dome light putting my hands on top of the wheel in plane view and pulling into a lot ASAP to make it safer for the officer I was not even offered a chance to take off said cover. Or a fix it option. Considering the ease of the fix being two bolts. That is a pretty big ahole move after I was so considerate and thoughtful towards said Leo. He kept mentioning that the prism in the cover was his problem and that that's intentional war on camera cops and you can't do that. Section 3221 b 3 of pa code now considers any device or cover to defeat said camera illegal via pa code. So order your invisiplates now pa drivers before this douchebag gives you a $130.00 fine for a very simple plate cover he or she truly had no personal issue seeing through.

Alpine-
    That blows. That's in my neck of the woods. I don't even think Emmaus has RLCs. Do they?

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Mobile Installer

This whole thing with plate covers is so old. By now people should know that because the cover covers
    the state on the plate they go and site and give out a ticket.In NJ and in I think OH it's $80 ticket.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Advanced Member

Not as far as I am aware VG and I do get over that way often with my fully updated Cheetah C-50. So i don't follow how the code would apply. As you well know Emmaus is not a first class city, nor is Allentown under that code of law. Also, the cover doesn't obscure the numbers where the officer was unable to decipher them. Or else, how would he have plugged in my information into the computer on the passenger seat? Also, the code also requires the municipality to have Red Light Camera's in that particular neighborhood. Though as we can both agree Emmaus and state ave doesn't have these devices. I was also upon top of this threatened with jail time for a misdemeanor offense. The officer attempting to cite that Philly law makes this a misdemeanor. Last time I checked Lehigh County is not Bucks County, nor is it Philla. I am sure you would likely agree VG as a PA resident. To radar rob yes NJ has cover laws on though I have received a citation in Fort Lee NJ for this similar issue. Fort Lee as we all know Rob is well noted for being over the top just to make an example with little justification. This can be seen by others than just me all over youtube with a simple search function. Now techincally in NJ is super protector illegal. Yes. Definitely. Though Invisiplate is not. As far as to complain about that off axis is your sole reason for a citation is really soul searching on the officers part. Also My cover was a thin black model that didn't cover my state, or tabs. Just for your information. Lastly. I will be taking off the black cover, and simply from thus forward just running a invisiplate without the black outter plastic helper using clear plastic gaskets under my plate bolts. Thus to not destroy the plate cover via rust, and even perhaps installing stainless bolts to likewise prevent plate bolt rusting.

It is sad that it must be taken to this level. Over what no offense we can all agree here on this board on the same page I would assume, and or hope that these camera's are unconstitutional anyways and that 18USC states specifically that any law that is not therefore constitutional therefore is not valid law anywhere in the boundaries of the United States of America. Therefore just because an officer is offended by my plate cover doesn't mean his illegal law enforcement practices of thinking a camera citing me when the entire principle of a citation is an, "Officer of the law cited the incident, and as my professor at college instructs, Not every law is meant to be enforced at every time or else little grannies everywhere would be jailed for illegal gambling." I couldn't agree more with the professor, how far are we going to allow this before enough is enough?

Also for your .02 Rob. Red light camera's are in the process of being made illegal themselves in NJ for this very reason though I am sure you are keenly aware with your astuteness of this legislation already. Therefore my observations obviously hold legal water.

Alpine-

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

image.jpg

And here is the law:

image.jpg