Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: SWS

  1. #1
    Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    1,398

    Default SWS

    Has anyone ever encountered a SWS alert? I never have, but of course now that I think about it, I don't even have it on.

    Sorta like wanting to win the lottery and never playing it, huh?

  2. #2
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: SWS

    Quote Originally Posted by asianfire
    Has anyone ever encountered a SWS alert? I never have, but of course now that I think about it, I don't even have it on.

    Sorta like wanting to win the lottery and never playing it, huh?
    I have it off... really have no interest in more alerts then I need.

  3. #3
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    395

    Default

    I turned on SWS for my V995 today for the first time, just to check it out. I drove right past a Walgreens that sets of a K band alert on my detector EVERY TIME....but it didn't today! A stationary X band radar gun that is set up on the Interstate was barely noticeable as well...usually it alerts for up to half a mile or so....but I drove down the interstate with hardly a peep from my RD! I'm sure many people like "like" the idea that it cuts down on those type "falses" (non-police radar)....but to me, I felt like it was hampering the sensitivity too much. I didn't like it, so I turned it back off......

  4. #4
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    I turned on SWS for my V995 today for the first time, just to check it out. I drove right past a Walgreens that sets of a K band alert on my detector EVERY TIME....but it didn't today! A stationary X band radar gun that is set up on the Interstate was barely noticeable as well...usually it alerts for up to half a mile or so....but I drove down the interstate with hardly a peep from my RD! I'm sure many people like "like" the idea that it cuts down on those type "falses" (non-police radar)....but to me, I felt like it was hampering the sensitivity too much. I didn't like it, so I turned it back off......
    I dont like that it didnt detect the stationary radar... Im not going to turn this on at all.

  5. #5
    Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    I turned on SWS for my V995 today for the first time, just to check it out. I drove right past a Walgreens that sets of a K band alert on my detector EVERY TIME....but it didn't today! A stationary X band radar gun that is set up on the Interstate was barely noticeable as well...usually it alerts for up to half a mile or so....but I drove down the interstate with hardly a peep from my RD! I'm sure many people like "like" the idea that it cuts down on those type "falses" (non-police radar)....but to me, I felt like it was hampering the sensitivity too much. I didn't like it, so I turned it back off......
    Yeah, I did the same thing as well

  6. #6
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida
    Posts
    191

    Default sws turn off

    maybe im the dumb one???
    i dont get it but i have the 995v and no problems with range, etc. and even will test with the sws off tomorrow against a ka drone in my area to see if any range difference i can notice? ill see what happens and let you know. i dont think any difference but we will see.d

  7. #7
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    6,540

    Default Re: SWS

    I would turn off SWS. It is really not needed anymore since I don't think there are too many SWS transmitters left. Mk

  8. #8
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rottweiler Land
    Posts
    10,421

    Default Re: SWS

    Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    I would turn off SWS. It is really not needed anymore since I don't think there are too many SWS transmitters left. Mk
    I agree I don't think it ever caught on. If I am not mistaken, cobra or whistler was behind the original idea. I think it was cobra.

  9. #9
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    378

    Default

    ya cobra has it on all there detectors

  10. #10
    Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Everyone has it, don't they????????

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •