Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWS

Professional

Default SWS

Has anyone ever encountered a SWS alert? I never have, but of course now that I think about it, I don't even have it on.

Sorta like wanting to win the lottery and never playing it, huh?

Good Citizen

Default Re: SWS

Quote Originally Posted by asianfire
    Has anyone ever encountered a SWS alert? I never have, but of course now that I think about it, I don't even have it on.

Sorta like wanting to win the lottery and never playing it, huh?
    I have it off... really have no interest in more alerts then I need.

Lead Foot

I turned on SWS for my V995 today for the first time, just to check it out. I drove right past a Walgreens that sets of a K band alert on my detector EVERY TIME....but it didn't today! A stationary X band radar gun that is set up on the Interstate was barely noticeable as well...usually it alerts for up to half a mile or so....but I drove down the interstate with hardly a peep from my RD! I'm sure many people like "like" the idea that it cuts down on those type "falses" (non-police radar)....but to me, I felt like it was hampering the sensitivity too much. I didn't like it, so I turned it back off......

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    I turned on SWS for my V995 today for the first time, just to check it out. I drove right past a Walgreens that sets of a K band alert on my detector EVERY TIME....but it didn't today! A stationary X band radar gun that is set up on the Interstate was barely noticeable as well...usually it alerts for up to half a mile or so....but I drove down the interstate with hardly a peep from my RD! I'm sure many people like "like" the idea that it cuts down on those type "falses" (non-police radar)....but to me, I felt like it was hampering the sensitivity too much. I didn't like it, so I turned it back off......
    I dont like that it didnt detect the stationary radar... Im not going to turn this on at all.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    Yeah, I did the same thing as well

Good Citizen

Default sws turn off

maybe im the dumb one???
    i dont get it but i have the 995v and no problems with range, etc. and even will test with the sws off tomorrow against a ka drone in my area to see if any range difference i can notice? ill see what happens and let you know. i dont think any difference but we will see.d

Old Timer

I would turn off SWS. It is really not needed anymore since I don't think there are too many SWS transmitters left. Mk

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    I would turn off SWS. It is really not needed anymore since I don't think there are too many SWS transmitters left. Mk
    I agree I don't think it ever caught on. If I am not mistaken, cobra or whistler was behind the original idea. I think it was cobra.

ya cobra has it on all there detectors

Professional

Everyone has it, don't they????????