Halifax, Canada

Default Some generic questions

Hey all, I got the X50 blue from Roy, and I use it in both a 2006 Civic and a Suzuki Burgman scooter. I've got a couple of questions I'm sure have been asked around here already, but I'm too lazy to dig...

1. I'm considering 'upgrading' to the STI as I plan to do some driving in Toronto this summer. How's the quality/performance stack up with these two RD's? I can't afford to buy another one, so it would have to be a swap.

2. I'll only buy my RD's from Roy, so Roy, if you're around, how's the supply/demand situation going? I've got a buyer for my X50, but I feel naked without an RD. Are we talking days, weeks or months?

3. I use headphones for my X50 while on my scooter, but I'd like to be able to listen to my MP3 via my headphones as well as enjoying the RD protection while being discreet. I notice the STI comes with a speaker, but I'd rather just be alerted via the headphones. Anyone here ever hear of an adapter that I could use to plug both my MP3 and detector in to one set of headphones?

Power User

How fast does a scooter go?

You don't get **** for trading in your X50 for an STi. The best way to switch is sell the X50. That is the only way you will something of worth for it, because Bel won't give you hardly anything for it. It's just how they are.

I have been using my STi, and so far I know that the STi does not false alert as much as the X50 especially if you have POP enabled. The STi seems to have better Ka detection and it seems to me that the X50 has a slight edge on K band detection. I'm still getting used to my STi though, it takes time and lots of encounters.