Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default If you were a Cop what would you use....

If you were a cop what would you use ( Vehicle, Radar, Lidar etc...)

If I could go with an unmarked car, I'd get a dodge magnum, internal light bars, totally tinted windows so you can't see inside. I'd use instant-on radar, K-band, dual antena, because you get false alarms and it might confuse radar detector users. I'd hide in a position where my vehicle would be concealed and I could fire radar at traffic moving away from me, so I shoot them, in their A$$es. I'd also cruise in traffic and come up behind drivers, use the instand-on, and pull them over.

If I had to go with a marked car, I'd do something pretty similar to the new NJSP cars with the low profile light bars, and Kuston X-band radar guns, old school.

Power User

Cool thread. The only problem I see about your K band choice, yes, RD uses could blow it off as a false, but becuase of the long range of K band I think you would give yourself away just as well. Might as well shoot X band if you want to disguse as a false but again very powerfull and long range. I would go the same lazy route and sit in my A/C crusier and shoot InstantOn Ka at the rear of passing cars, absolutely brutal, next to laser targeting the rear, but again I rather the lazy methode, laser too much work in comparison.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    but again I rather the lazy methode, laser too much work in comparison.
    Hahaha, if I were a cop, I'd like lazy.

X-band units are huge, probably couldn't get dual antenas so thats why I went with K-band...

Speed Demon

I'd have a black Mustang GT with instant-On K-Band. KA band is too obvious that it's a cop Actually X band would be a good choice too, because some people turn X band off!

Yoda of Radar

(I think this may already be a topic... but it may have been lost in the terrible glitch that destroyed the Old Back Alley)

My equipment:

Chevy Camaro 9C1 (With Air support)

Lidar... shooting rear ends of cars.

However, if I was in Cal. I would use the motorcycle for lane splitting purposes.

Lead Foot

I'd use a marked Charger or Crown Vic., constant on Ka x 2 antennas and patroll constantlly so people knew this area is heavilly patrolled.

Then I'd use Lidar with Ka off to pick off drivers who ignored my past presence and continued to speed.

Radar Fanatic

unmarked magnum lidar and x band, i would sit in the medians of freeways and shoot both coming and going cars, just to get the going people with RD's to slow down, i wouldnt issue tickets unless i cought someone way over the limit like 20+, or i would sit at dunkin and have my dozen then go take a nap in the back of the magnum. i cant decide.

Good Citizen

I drive a ford crown vic slicktop with dual ka stalker sl radar and a lti ultra lyte lr lidar. No light bar all internal lights. Although it is clearly marked on the rear and sides people blow by me 20 plus over all the time or they catch up to me not knowing i can clock them with the rear head in same direction mode

Good Citizen

Unmarked car, but i wouldnt care about what kinda radar b/c not that many people have RD's

Scratonicity Groupie

wow, you guys are cupcakes. I'd go for a Harley Davidson then proceed to find a heavly traveled 25mph / 35mph with a lot of crosswalks, people traffic, and some shade trees.

park the harley out of view - arm my Laser Atlanta and just destroy people.

I hate it when people just ignore populated areas. This why I could sleep at night, knowing I might actually make a difference.

Or my alternate plan would be to camp out at construction sites. Hell I'd dress up as a worker, and if you going 8+ in a construction you are getting a big ole ticket.

Now if I had no heart - and only cared about revenue I would first monitor the traffic flow on the interstate. Find when the factories / major work plants let off there workers. Find the time the traffic speeds start to pick up.
    Get on my Harley with my Laser Atlanta stroll to an overpass and park it in the shade.

Have my 3 to 5 chase cars setup half mile down the road, and pad my wallet.

For night time enforcement, I would pick a Camaro with instant on K.